Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposing in Killarney

Options
  • 08-06-2012 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello everybody.

I am planning on proposing in July to my wonderful/slightly mental girlfriend. My ideal is to get a boat from Ross Castle and propose in the middle of Lough Leane.

We there there before and it's spectacular. I would like to do it somewhere private and the idea of a boat came to me.

When I was there before, there were boats tied up at Ross Castle. Are these boats available for hire or does someone have to come with you? If you can hire them yourself, it would be ideal. However, if that's not possible, I would like to propose on Innisfallen island. The main thing is to get somewhere quiet, where no one can see me fluff my lines or see her laugh her head off/cry.

I have trawled through a good few websites and can't find anything. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    "H-C-Ted"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭555guy

this might be of use to you ... the contact at Ross Castle is probably the one you need ....http://www.fishinginireland.info/boathire/killarney.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Yes Indeed Mr Clifden home is right beside the castle and he himself is a well known boat man and i am sure he would help you with any contacts and ideas..064 6632252..Best of luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

unless you want to share this moment with the boatman, go to Inisfallen, its an island in the middle of the lake with ruins etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Nah, you can definitely get rent boats without the boatman being in it with you. Loads of people I know have done it before! Ring Henry anyway he'd be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Hugely Confused Ted!

Thanks for the suggestions. I really appreciate it. I've got some good ideas now..... Of course I'm always willing to listen to other suggestions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement