Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2012 log

Options
  • 08-06-2012 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Euro 2012 // Group stage // Round 1 Bets

Poland v Greece:

Very tricky game to try and predict, but the assumption is that with both teams usually playing a defensive, counter-attacking game, it will be Poland who try take the game to Greece and I'm hoping their two limited, defensive minded, central midfielders struggle to create a fast paced, passing game and thus heaping the pressure on Obraniak and Blacszykowski (sp?) to create chances against a competent Greek defence. Greece went unbeaten in qualifying thanks to a strong defensive setup and I'm hoping that trend continues for them here. Greece to win or draw the game at 1.84 with Ladbrokes. (3 points) . Draw/Greece in the Halftime/Fulltime market at 17/2 with Betfair (1 point) . Lewandowski to score first at 4/1 with Boyles (1 point, money back if he scorer the 2nd goal.)

Germany v Portugal

The Portuguese coach Paolo Bento has called for his players to be 'strong' and 'aggressive' in their opening encounter against the Germans. These traits can be taken too far by quite a few of the Portuguese players. We are all aware of Pepe and Meireles being clumsy and late with tackles quite often and other players such as Coentrao, Pereira, Moutinho and Postiga have all picked up quite a few yellows this past season at club level. The referee has dished out an average of 5.0 cards in Internationals, Europa and Champions league games since September 2011. 5 cards or more at evens with BET365 is to be taken here (4 points) with 15/8 about Portugal picking up Four cards or more also good value, that's available with Sportingbet.

The other bet I like in this game is for Germany to win the race to two goals at 29/20 with Will Hill. (4 points) Paolo Bento also emphasised that his team must not sit back against the Germans, and they have been quite offensive in Qualifying conceding Three goals to Iceland and Two to Denmark at the back end of last year. Germany are a cut above those Two teams and only failed to score at least Two goals on One occasion in qualifying.
    Ukraine v Sweden

Sweden have been much more attack minded in this European qualifying campaign than in years gone by. They scored Three past the Dutch and hit big numbers against the minnows in the group. Whilst Ukraine will sit deep and soak up pressure I'm hoping that Michael Cox, of ZonalMarking.net, summary on Ukraine is Correct, 'but their defensive shape isn’t impressive and they lack cohesion and understanding because the starting XI is changed so frequently.' I think there is some value to be had on Sweden winning the race to two goals with 188BET at 3/1. (2 points)

Total staked: 15 points.

Advertisement