Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone know anything or been with Britton for insurance?

Options
  • 08-06-2012 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I have been looking around for a good insurance deal I am 22, female and on my provisional. They offered me €1084 which is the best I have got so far but their website says nothing about what it covers and I have emailed them and they have not got back to me yet?

Anyone dealt with them? Are they good? Anyone have problems with them?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I've dealt with them. They're a broker, so there's no way of knowing what cover you're referring to.

Ring them on Monday, they're great to deal with over the phone, I reckon you'd get a better price on the phone. I know I did;)

See if putting your mother on the policy makes any difference to the price too, it may not, but it did bring mine down. Although im a fella, so im not so sure if it'd make that much difference to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

I've used them for the last 5 years and find them fantastic!! Just ring them on Monday morning. They give by far the most competitive quotes and every year I try to get better quotes elsewhere but Britton are always the best. Deffo recommend them! I get my fully comp for €290 with my husband on my policy too...but I'm a lot older than u are!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

I been with them for 10 of the last 12 years for both car and home insurance (only moved because of better quotes)
    I find them great to deal with, I had one claim and they really were very helpful.
    Its up to you to ask the right questions and make sure you are covered for what you need.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Buffman

I was with them for my first two years on the road, found them good to deal with and miles ahead of others price wise for me. (€1000 cheaper than quinn)

As others have said, they're very good on the phone so ring them for a good deal.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket though, ring around as many places as you can, especially brokers. Sometimes they can give better deals than the actual insurance companies.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

Advertisement