Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best energy source for playing basketball?

Options
  • 08-06-2012 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭

Posted this in health and fitness but no response, so i'll see if i can post here.

Basically i just want to know what's the best food to eat before training, not a match, because in training we usually play an hour long match with no subs because of low numbers, so it's constant running up and down the court with barely any breaks. I do feel drained after 20-25 mins (Im only back playing a month ago after a 3 year break).

So any tips to last a bit longer, other than drink plenty of water, which i do.

edit - it just got a response in health and fitness so mods feel free to delete this if is not allowed to stay up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

one bananas. salt and sugar based drink pre and during. dont eat anything heavy for an hour before hand. and suck it up. keep running. endurance is what you need.

Advertisement