Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

birthing balls

Options
  • 08-06-2012 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm 26 weeks tomorrow so need to start thinking about getting a birthing ball, so was looking at the argos website and seem quite good value compared to the offical birthing balls but is there any advantage to getting one of the offical ones? also have seen some cheap enough in TK maxx. Where have you got yours and what size? I'm quite tall and argos have a addidas 75cm one but would this be too big? any advise would be great. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

As long as it's specifically Anti-Burst then you're fine, that's absolutely the key thing per what midwives have told me. I think I have a 65cm one & I'm 5'8" and I find it's perfect for me.

I got it 2nd hand, I think it's called Miracle in a Box (the deflated ball comes in a box with all the bits & CD's of excercises you can do pre birth & post birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

thanks Mink I'm 5'8" myself so the 65cm one should be fine also, will keep an eye out for anti-burst ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

The 75cm shouldn't be too big...our physio suggests that size for your height...she said you can always deflate it a little if needed! Like Mink I have the miracle ball but in 55 cm as I'm shorter & to be honest now that I'm getting near the end I think the 65cm ball would be more comfortable :)

Anti-burst is the main thing you need...the brand doesn't matter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Twomums whats your height...I was looking at them on amazon and Can't decide if I should go with the 55 cm or 65 cm...I'm only 5'3 so I don't know if the 65 would be too big?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

I'm 5'4" :)
    Our physio said 65cm if you are 5'4" or belie (she might have said 5'5") and 75cm above that. I then went buy the box guidelines but if I was doing it again I would get the 65cm ball :) after all like she said you can deflate it a little if you need to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Im 5'5" and i got the 65cm ball i find it great even now for back and pelvis pain.... I think my OH didnt blow it to full size its just shy of it but its still firm so you could do that if you felt it was a bit big for you, but i know the 55cm would have been too small for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Thanks for the advice ladies!! I will definately get the 65 cm one then...that way if I want it larger I can just inflate it more...Makes sense to me!

Advertisement