Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M50 eFlow Tolls are adding up

Options
  • 08-06-2012 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

:eek:

I am new in the Dublin area. I travel from Maynooth to Ballymun on a daily basis. Just moved into a house. Expensive for a box! Anyway, I was hoping some of you could advise me on how I could avoid paying these bloody Tolls (I have an eFlow account...) and direct me on an alternative route. Are alternative routes heavily conjected with trafffic? I just cant afford these toll and then pay for parking on a daily basis.....

Thanks,

The culchieeeee...... :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Who Knows? wrote: »
    :eek:

I am new in the Dublin area. I travel from Maynooth to Ballymun on a daily basis. Just moved into a house. Expensive for a box! Anyway, I was hoping some of you could advise me on how I could avoid paying these bloody Tolls (I have an eFlow account...) and direct me on an alternative route. Are alternative routes heavily conjected with trafffic? I just cant afford these toll and then pay for parking on a daily basis.....

Thanks,

The culchieeeee...... :confused:

Up the hill in leixlip and across to blanch and onto the m50 after the toll.

How much is your time worth though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Out pased carton house and head for the n3 at dunboyne, you can go the n3 to the m50 or swing off through ballycoolin and take the n2 to the m50. Iv just come that way, maynooth to finglas 20 odd minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Out pased carton house and head for the n3 at dunboyne, you can go the n3 to the m50 or swing off through ballycoolin and take the n2 to the m50. Iv just come that way, maynooth to finglas 20 odd minutes

Yes, exactly what this guy said. At the back of ballycoolin, beside the java coffee roastery, you can cross the old ashbourne road and this will bring you to the side of the airport. Ballymun is only 3 mins driving from there.

Something like this
    http://goo.gl/maps/xBAj

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Neilw

I travel the same route a couple of time a week and it worked out cheaper to pay the M50 toll compared to the extra fuel I used going the back roads, plus it took about 10 mins longer by back roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭eFlow: Una

Hi Who Knows?,

I understand you're trying to avoid driving through the M50 toll, but is your account with eFlow a tag account? This is the best value option for regular users of the M50 toll (if you drive a standard car that would be a minimum of three toll journeys per month and the cost of each toll is €2; the tag rental fee is €1.23 per month, including VAT).

If you like, drop me a private message or you can go on to our dedicated Talk To forum here on Boards.ie.

Regards :)
    Una, eFlow

• Advertisement
Advertisement