Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transverse breech at 35 weeks!!

Options
  • 08-06-2012 8:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

My baby has been transverse breech for this entire pregnancy. I'm a bit worried about it for many reasons:
    1. I read it can cause flathead in the baby
    2. I read it usually happens as a result of there being something wrong with either the womb or baby
    3. I'll have to have a c-section

Has anyone had this issue and what were the outcomes for the baby? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

Not my own experience, but a good friend gave birth this year to her baby who was in transverse breech throughout the whole last trimester and probably before that too. She had to have a (scheduled) C-section, not what she had in mind, but the baby is healthy, extremely pretty and there is nothing at all wrong with him. Best of luck with your little one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

xiwang wrote: »
    Not my own experience, but a good friend gave birth this year to her baby who was in transverse breech throughout the whole last trimester and probably before that too. She had to have a (scheduled) C-section, not what she had in mind, but the baby is healthy, extremely pretty and there is nothing at all wrong with him. Best of luck with your little one!

Thanks for the info! I suppose there ate always horror stories on the web..I need to step away from google! Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

If baby stays transverse then yeah you'll probably need C section, but it will be a scheduled one, you'll be awake for it & it will be pretty calm & straightforward.

All the transverse breech babies I've seen came out absolutely perfect.

Step away from Google!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Mink wrote: »
    If baby stays transverse then yeah you'll probably need C section, but it will be a scheduled one, you'll be awake for it & it will be pretty calm & straightforward.

All the transverse breech babies I've seen came out absolutely perfect.

Step away from Google!!

Thanks Mink. My obs is scheduling me in at my appointment next week for a section of baby hasn't moved by then!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

My little one was diagnosed as transverse breech when I went for my 37 week checkup. I was supposed to have a manual procedure to try to turn him a few days later, but he was a big baby and a decision was made that the risk of rupturing my uterus was too high. I was admitted to hospital for one week and twice came within a hair's breath of being rushed for an emergency section. However, at 39 weeks he finally assumed the correct position and stayed that way until D-day. I had a natural birth with him and everything went fine. They were right about him being big, he was 9lb 14oz! Don't worry about what might happen or what might not happen. Babies can surprise even the doctors at the very last minute so don't lose all hope yet of having a natural birth.
    Even if you do have to have a section, it's not the end of the world and you'll get over the disappointment once you get to hold your baby.
    Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Mine was transverse breech up to about 34 weeks then went head down. I still ended up getting an emergency C-section (but not because of position of the baby, it was meconium in the waters and failure to progress)

His head is perfect, He is perfect, my uterus is perfect, and the C-section is mending nicely. i gave birth 4 weeks ago and didnt need anything more than paracetamol after day 5 and no pain relief after 2 weeks. i'm grand now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Look up www.spinningbabies.com
    It's got techniques for turning breech babies.

Advertisement