Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question job seekers benfit????

Options
  • 08-06-2012 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there,
    I am in a bit of a dilemma. I had a baby 6 months ago, since then I have been having back and abdominal pain, which is triggered by strenuous physical activity such as hoovering, house work, lifting etc. I am also fairly thin and would not be that strong physicaly.
    Prior to having my baby I was working part time in a shop, I was also going to college but I am now finished.
    I was advised by the nurse in my local GPs that I would be better off not going back to that kind of job. The job involved a lot of standing, bending down, reaching and some heavy lifting especially with delivers. I gave up my job on her advice.
    I have applied for job seekers benefit, as I would be able to work as long as it was not physical one. I also have my college degree so Im looking for something in that area. I have already applied for several jobs already.
    I am worried that they will say that im not entitled to job seekers benefit. I am still awaiting a decision on my claim. I was wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation to me and what the outcome was or if anyone could shed any light?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 meb 14

meb 14 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I am in a bit of a dilemma. I had a baby 6 months ago, since then I have been having back and abdominal pain, which is triggered by strenuous physical activity such as hoovering, house work, lifting etc. I am also fairly thin and would not be that strong physicaly.
    Prior to having my baby I was working part time in a shop, I was also going to college but I am now finished.
    I was advised by the nurse in my local GPs that I would be better off not going back to that kind of job. The job involved a lot of standing, bending down, reaching and some heavy lifting especially with delivers. I gave up my job on her advice.
    I have applied for job seekers benefit, as I would be able to work as long as it was not physical one. I also have my college degree so Im looking for something in that area. I have already applied for several jobs already.
    I am worried that they will say that im not entitled to job seekers benefit. I am still awaiting a decision on my claim. I was wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation to me and what the outcome was or if anyone could shed any light?

Bump

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Every case will be treated on its own merits,however this may be applied

Unavailable for work
    You can be regarded as not being available for work and not entitled to Jobseeker's Benefit, if you put unreasonable restrictions on the following:
    • The nature of the employment
    • The hours of work
    • Rate of pay
    • The duration of the employment
    • The location of the employment
    In any case where a Deciding Officer is of the opinion that you have placed unreasonable restrictions, you will be interviewed and given the opportunity to respond.

You will have to wait and see what the out come is,if you are refused you can appeal that decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 meb 14

mp22 wrote: »
    Every case will be treated on its own merits,however this may be applied

Unavailable for work
    You can be regarded as not being available for work and not entitled to Jobseeker's Benefit, if you put unreasonable restrictions on the following:
    • The nature of the employment
    • The hours of work
    • Rate of pay
    • The duration of the employment
    • The location of the employment
    In any case where a Deciding Officer is of the opinion that you have placed unreasonable restrictions, you will be interviewed and given the opportunity to respond.

You will have to wait and see what the out come is,if you are refused you can appeal that decision.

I sopose I will just have to wait and see alright. I am available for work just not physical type of work. I have applied to lots of places, registered with FAS. I was just wondering if anyone had been in a similar situation.

Advertisement