Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pricing for a new tattoo???

Options
  • 07-06-2012 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Im just wondering i want to get a tattoo, it'l be my first and i just want to know roughly if anyone could help give me a price range.. i want a tattoo of a cross on the side of my calf.. its just a pretty plain tattoo with rosary beads wrapping around it. if anyone has gotten something simular.. how much around does it cost/? rough photo of what i want too... thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Really depends on the size you want and the detail you want to have in it. Most places charge €75-100 per hour so I'd say allow maybe 3 hours so budget about €300. Really the only way is to go into some studios and get quotes. But never just go where's cheapest. Go for the artist you like and the studio you're happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Really depends on the size you want and the detail you want to have in it. Most places charge €75-100 per hour so I'd say allow maybe 3 hours so budget about €300. Really the only way is to go into some studios and get quotes. But never just go where's cheapest. Go for the artist you like and the studio you're happy with.
    I don't like this pricing method myself. Some artists do a lot more work in an hour than others. The piece in question I wouldn't pay any more than about €220.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭UserName 217

topcatcbr wrote: »
    I don't like this pricing method myself. Some artists do a lot more work in an hour than others. The piece in question I wouldn't pay any more than about €220.

Best thing to do is to go and get a quote, and go from there.

Personally I would't pay over 200 ( depending on size)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Amel1727

It's difficult to give you a price.
    Tattooist don't pratical same price.

Here, a tattooist proposed 100e for make the job.
    I decided to go in other shop for compared ... 200e in this shop !

Advertisement