Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Rooms to Re Open Mid Summer?

Options
  • 07-06-2012 8:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Was told Trinity Rooms was to reopen during the summer anyone hear anything?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'd love to say I'd heard news, but after the last year it's most likely just rumours again. Here's hoping my cynicism is misplaced!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Would imagine if it was to reopen it'd be September surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Thats great - I left my jacket in there the last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Have heard this in the last few months and I believe the company which ran it has begun trading again recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Could the rats declare squatters rights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 nicodemus93

Heard it was reopening. bought by a fella called phil garrathy or gerrathy if that name rings a bell to some people

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭manna452121

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Saw on Twitter they got the alcohol licence back for it. As long as the give it a seriously clean and make over before they open it :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

are all the other pubs and clubs in Limerick that busy that we need another. Didnt think they were tbh but I don't frequent too many clubs anymore so could be wrong. No harm in it either way..just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Well they'd want to have a serious game plan to make it worth their while, themed nights regularly, cheaper than the other clubs to get in. Something like free cloak room would help.

They not only have to compete with being further away than the other two but also now have to try an wrangle back some kind of a customer base.

If they ever do decide to open mid summer a short term agreement with the lock wouldnt hurt, for instance if they give free into the club with 3 pints bought in the lock. Would benefit both establishments in terms of turn out.

Would also highly advise one very simple thing.....keep - the - scum- out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

hightower1 wrote: »
    Well they'd want to have a serious game plan to make it worth their while, themed nights regularly, cheaper than the other clubs to get in. Something like free cloak room would help.

They not only have to compete with being further away than the other two but also now have to try an wrangle back some kind of a customer base.

If they ever do decide to open mid summer a short term agreement with the lock wouldnt hurt, for instance if they give free into the club with 3 pints bought in the lock. Would benefit both establishments in terms of turn out.

And the underagers :(

I have great memories of trinity rooms and I hope I can relive some of those but if they turn back into an underagers paradise then I among others I am sure will not be frequenting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

hightower1 wrote: »

Some very good marketing ideas there Hightower, and they hit the nail on the head, one of the things that annoys about clubs is the fact that after paying a door fee you have to pay for the privilage of having your coat put on a hanger and then pay for overpriced drinks.

In fairness, I know the running costs of a club are high but why don't the clubs go one way or the other and either - no door fee (slightly more expensive drinks) or door fee and relatively cheaper drinks.................I could be on to something here...........................like the most nightclubs in spain

re scum - always gonna be an element of scum no matter what county/country you are in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

don't think an agreement with the locke would be in the locke's interest, unless they want a load of amateur child drinkers falling around the place

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭LimerickSports

yes it will be good to see trinity rooms open again limerick needs a good nite club the nightlife is pretty bad in my opinon. And i dont know if the rumours are true that phil gerraty has opened trinity rooms, but if he has fair play to him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 meloyelo26

Ah I hope it does open again, it was a good spot.

yes it will be good to see trinity rooms open again limerick needs a good nite club the nightlife is pretty bad in my opinon. And i dont know if the rumours are true that phil gerraty has opened trinity rooms, but if he has fair play to him :)
    I heard that about Phil too. Good to have a young mind with an input into the running of the place. His other business is doing very well so I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

Im hearing only courtyard to be opnened to see how buisness will go before the actually club is opened, be interesting to see what happens as angel lane is now only open 1 night a week cant compete with icon im sick icon but everyone i know goes there but be good for a change aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

How come the icon managed to weather the storm over the last few years? How many clubs have come and gone since the icon opened? the market, the works, teds etc.

you hear enough people complaining about it as you do who like it. I suppose it's kind of like costelloes, just trucks on.

Boogie wonderland was the biggest loss in this town! :D

I think bars with late licences suit me down to the ground, and I wish they were more plentiful when I was in my late teens/early 20s, as I had to go to a nightclub to follow my mates. I hated nightclubs. I hate(d) the music, I have no interest in walking around trying to "pull", even back then! Nobody in there wanted to talk about guitars or Marshall stacks either.

Off topic:

I was in the icon last Monday night for the first time in about 10 years, and it's still the same antics, but a new crowd.

The women love to walk around and if a guy tries to talk to them, they brush them off as if they are ruining their night out,and how dare they try and "chat them up" and "pull them". The lads were mainly p*ssed up, and had no hope of scoring. Do it sober lads!!!

I was happy in my mid 30s state to hang at the bar and drink my brains out. No way I was putting up with "attitudes" or jail bait in d'icon!! :D

Back on topic, how can Limerick sustain another night club? Business surely just isn't there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I found out it is 2 pub owners going in there,and that 3 rd fella has a small say because his father is the lawyer for building/ or somewhere involved in the legal side of it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Even tho we are sick of the Icon it works cause its 7 nights a week the same

Trinity Rooms was always a young crowd and they aint spending anymore

18 years old can drink at home and go to mollys for free

• Advertisement

anybody hear anything new regarding when its opening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Courtyard opening, Phil Gerithary & Clem Smith.

Trooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The Snipe wrote: »

They'll prob just wait til September for the students so.

I wonder if the clubhouse will have a big attraction without the actual club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

They'll prob just wait til September for the students so.

I wonder if the clubhouse will have a big attraction without the actual club.
    Building for the actual club will take about two years I heard, as its completely stripped and needs a lot of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheEntertainer

Building for the actual club will take about two years I heard, as its completely stripped and needs a lot of work.
    I have also heard this from different reliable sources. Not even a light bulb left in the club. The Licence which was granted was granted for both the clubhouse and the night club but due to the previous owners eh hemmm rat infestation, the club was completely stripped and not even a light bulb remained inside. Therefore it will take the builders two years to complete the work to the level which they require. So for the time being, it is only going to be the clubhouse which will open.

Now provided they dont go for the teeny bopper crowd again, it should be a pretty good venue. I have heard the rumours also about Phil Gerathy been involved Fair play to him and would love to see it trading as a good venue again. Phil has not reopened it on his own though and Clem Smyth and Anthony o Dwyer are thought to be the two main investors behind it. These are definitely guys who can put Trinity Rooms back on the map for the right reasons though. On a lighter note, do they have a pied piper to draw all the rats away in case another "infestation" occurs.

Advertisement