Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&G CM16 Question

Options
  • 07-06-2012 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

Newbie here. Planning on purchasing this AEG. Hate the look of the traditional handguards though. Can anyone suggest an RIS system I can use with this AEG?
    Not sure of measurements and the like. Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

if your not interested in the handguards why not buy a G&G raider instead? it already has a rail, same manufacturer. only difference is the stock.

the reason i say it is because when you put a rail on that m4 you will have no battery space so you either have to get a PEQ box to hold a battery to the outside of the rail or re-wire it to the stock and get a crane stock which in general is a G&G raider.

personally im not a fan of PEQ boxes so buying a raider is what i would go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

+1 on the Raider great value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Have to agree with the above. Your cash outlay will be far greater going the GR16 route + RIS kit.

You can get Combat Machine raiders (plastic rails), or the renowned GR15 Raider (metal rails).

What are you looking for out of the gun? Are you just looking for an M4 that you can tinker around with, or is there something specific? There may be other guns out there better suited to budget and needs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

I had considered the raider route but thought this way might have been cheaper. Just looking for an m4 that can be well customized and is good quality.

the G&G CM16 or combat machine is around 180-200 euro with battery and charger
    a G&G raider can be got for 230 with battery and charger.

a fulll metal rail for it will be atleast 50 euro.
    and then you have the hassle of buying it, putting it on and still have a gun that looks like a raider.

both are made by the same company and share the exact same gearbox, also the raider has pneumatic blowback which is a cool feature and they are both made out of the same material (i think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

I defo wouldnt recommend getting a raider to be honest.
    The old raiders were solid guns but the newer versions of them are absolutely awful.

You would be better off getting a colt m4 cqbr instead of a raider. They are pretty heavy though.

It all really depends on how much you are willing to spend.

For my first gun I obviously want to spend as little as possible. But I want a good quality gun as well. Wouldn't have the know how to fix anything that were to go wrong. I don't really have a budget. I just want a quality gun that will last me ages and I'm willing to pay what ever is necessary for that. Sorry if I'm being too vague. Appreciate the advice so far.

i was only working off of G&G guns but yea Goodlad is right, those cyma/colt M4 cqbrs are great guns.
    same price as a raider, have heard bad things about G&G latley

422nd wrote: »
    For my first gun I obviously want to spend as little as possible. But I want a good quality gun as well. Wouldn't have the know how to fix anything that were to go wrong. I don't really have a budget. I just want a quality gun that will last me ages and I'm willing to pay what ever is necessary for that. Sorry if I'm being too vague. Appreciate the advice so far.

If your looking for a good quality gun that will last ages then go for the colt m4 cqbr.

Or if you prefer the g36 style of gun then there is the Umarex g36cv, it has a solid blowback system.

In my opinion VFC are the best value for money.
    They are kinda hard to get in Ireland though. But its no harm asking a few retailers to order one in.

Just keep in mind, if you get into airsoft your eventually going to want to custom a gun internally aswell as externally. Try keep that in mind when buying a gun.

For example, that umarex g36cv has a very satisfying blowback due to the steel bolt. But you cant risk upgrading that gun with high speed gears/motor without the risk of breaking the blowback.

Then try think about what way you play, do you prefer single shot or emptying mags like there is no tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

goodlad wrote: »
    If your looking for a good quality gun that will last ages then go for the colt Cybergun m4 cqbr.

Fixed that for you: Colt don't make airsoft guns just real steel. I have a Cybergun M4 CQBR myself though. A year and a half old at this stage and it's never failed me, even with no internal maintenance done at all (I don't trust myself to go rooting around inside it :pac:).

Good weight off it, satisfactory stock internals, etc. Couldn't recommend it enough as a starter gun.

• Advertisement

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Fixed that for you: Colt don't make airsoft guns just real steel. I have a Cybergun M4 CQBR myself though. A year and a half old at this stage and it's never failed me, even with no internal maintenance done at all (I don't trust myself to go rooting around inside it :pac:).

Good weight off it, satisfactory stock internals, etc. Couldn't recommend it enough as a starter gun.

whoops... cheers dude.

Yeah they really are a workhorse of an aeg. Its usually the current starter gun i recommend for people if they are after an M4 and on a budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Raider best starting aeg available tbh

The old raiders were yeah. The recent ones are absolutely awful.

Sure i know one retailer who has ditched the entire raider line of guns due to the constant hassle with them and another retailer who stocks them but actually recommends anything but the raider to people looking for a starter gun.

G&G have just absolutely lowered the quality of the raider builds in the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

andy_g wrote: »
    Raider best starting aeg available tbh

not the latest batches mate. pity :(

the cyma m4 hobby are selling at the moment are pretty good though.

So is this more so what I should be looking at getting?

http://www.hobbyairsofter.com/Rifles/Colt-M4A1-CQBR-Metal-with-Retractable-Stock-Cyma

Advertisement