Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im at my wits end.

Options
  • 07-06-2012 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I just dont know what to do anymore,I have never felt so helpless in my life..I left a domestic violent relationship with my baby..I live in a town where I have no family at all,Have only a handle of friends, a friend helped me out alot by letting us stay.My family persuaded me to move home,start a fresh..Moved half of my stuff down there and started social welfare procedures until last weekend till my mother turned against me and my child,Found out she was relaying back information to the ex who i have a protection order and have a court hearing in 3 weeks for the safety order. I had no where else to go so I came back to my friends house but I cant stay here any longer, Shes on a benefit and its not fair on her or my child.
    I have no income whatsoever, I went to citezins advice who put me in touch witha few homelessness sheltars but are totally full to the brim and can send me to dublin city centre, I cant move to dublin, Im flat out applying for jobs here so I can start getting a income in for me and my daughter. Social welfare told me they cant do anything till I have an address.
    I have never felt like such a failure in all my life..Im down to 8 nappies for my child and Im trying to rationing them as I cant afford anymore, Watering down the bottles coz I cant afford anymore milk. I just dont know what to do anymore.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

I have tried because i dont have an address i cant get any assitance from the social welfare.I cant get help with a deposit because im not on d housing list,I have tried t fill out forms t get on d list but again no address.
    I will try the svdp though thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

You should contact the Community Welfare Officer. They are employed by the Dept of Social Protection but work out of the HSE health centres/offices. You can find your local one here http://www.welfare.ie/EN/ContactUs/Pages/cwo_contact.aspx
    The Community Welfare Officers administer Exceptional Needs Payments and Supplementary Welfare Allowance and your lack of a permanent address should not be the Catch 22 obstacle it is in applying for Social Welfare Payments. The Exceptional Needs payment should be available to you immediately in order that you can feed yourself and feed and care for your baby. Bring any documentation you have with you to the Community Officer, including anything on your attempts to claim social welfare and to get on the housing list. But don't let lack of documentation stop you going to the Community Welfare Officer asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭sassa

Have you tried contacting any domestic violence organisations? Im sure they'd have experiences with cases such as yours and might be able to give some help or at the least advice on what to do quick google brought up this one that helps with housing for women in situations like your own
    http://www.sonashousing.ie/

I'd definitely give SVDP a call too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Hope your okay OP am gutted for you and feel your despair, how dare your mother ffs your own mother

as was said try contact a womans refuage in your area they are great and really do help, also go to the local CWO in your health centre they dont need an address to help you out, if your staying with a friend see if you can use her address to apply for social welfare and as for social housing again use her address they will assess you and if you are say staying on the sofa then you are definitely in need of social housing

http://www.womensaid.ie/?gclid=CJ252rrcvLACFYRP4QodlkajnQ
    another link for woman

dont know what county your in to post your local housing list but google it

Best of luck with it all OP will be thinking of you

peace and love x

• Advertisement
Advertisement