Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hatch hinges any advice or ideas welcome

Options
  • 07-06-2012 12:35pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys I looking for some ideas on how to make the hatch for my boat, I need it to lift up from flush and then open back something in the lines of a car boot hinges that can carry a bit of weight. There will only be slight gap between the hatch and the deck to keep the opening as hidden as possible and I don't want the hinge visible from the outside, so any of you cabinet makers know of what sort of hinges I should be looking for.

2012-06-02170711.jpg

I might also put a hidden hatch in the bow one with no handle so maybe the type you have to depress to open will work, again I'm open to any suggestions on how you pro's do it :D
    Thanks.

2012-06-02170836.jpg

Comments

Advertisement