Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Travolta Gay?? Poppycock!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

Jez, that poor miserable bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

I feel sorry for the guy and that in 2012 the papers still hound people over the fact they may or not be gay/bi! The REAL stories are not about his affairs but all based on his sexual orientation and the negative light that’s spun around that. What message is that sending out?!? Most people couldn’t give a flying fu*k these days!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭dchris

DubArk wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the guy and that in 2012 the papers still hound people over the fact they may or not be gay/bi! The REAL stories are not about his affairs but all based on his sexual orientation and the negative light that’s spun around that. What message is that sending out?!? Most people couldn’t give a flying fu*k these days!! :rolleyes:

Except, maybe, his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

dchris wrote: »
    Except, maybe, his wife.

Do you think the gutter press care about her either?

DubArk wrote: »
    Do you think the gutter press care about here either?

Nope!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Ahh come on Its the Mail!!
    If the mail told me the sea was made of water i wouldnt believe it, everything the write is pure ****e! And I dont buy what they say for a split second anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Caiseoipe19

Except, maybe, his wife.

Maybe, but that's between the two of them. Nobody else's business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

Actually I saw this in the Metro about a week ago, so it's not only the gutter press. But agree is it really news the world wants or needs to read ? Yes I know people have the right not to read the papers, but I can think of more interesting stories to print.

is it really news the world wants or needs to read ? Yes I know people have the right not to read the papers, but I can think of more interesting stories to print.

I agree with you, I couldn't give a damn if he lodges in browntown, but I think it be interesting to see the reaction of the Church of Scientology if he does turn out to be gay. I do wonder are they blackmailing Celebs who are gay or are they trying to "rehabilitate" them or what really is the story..

If he ever does come out, it be interesting how his relationship with the church pans out.. I posted it as a bit of a tongue in cheek piece, but I do think the fallout will have an interesting affect on Scientology. Will he in turn "out" the church , for example..

So, I don't agree with it being gutter press. Yes gay slurs are LCD journalism and for most celebs go away pretty snappy, but for JT they have stuck, snowballed, and have also been endorsed by the likes of Carrie Fisher et al .. It is in this instance that I think the knock on affects could lead to a very big, mainstream, interesting story.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I agree with you, I couldn't give a damn if he lodges in browntown, but I think it be interesting to see the reaction of the Church of Scientology if he does turn out to be gay. I do wonder are they blackmailing Celebs who are gay or are they trying to "rehabilitate" them or what really is the story..

If he ever does come out, it be interesting how his relationship with the church pans out.. I posted it as a bit of a tongue in cheek piece, but I do think the fallout will have an interesting affect on Scientology. Will he in turn "out" the church , for example..

So, I don't agree with it being gutter press. Yes gay slurs are LCD journalism and for most celebs go away pretty snappy, but for JT they have stuck, snowballed, and have also been endorsed by the likes of Carrie Fisher et al .. It is in this instance that I think the knock on affects could lead to a very big, mainstream, interesting story.

Hubbard only reflected populist opinion of the time I'm not sure that Scientology preaches a hard line on homosexuality?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

travolta being gay is not a big deal, except for the fact that he is a Scientologist. that 'religion' claims to 'cure' homosexuality, claims to fix peoples problems. he is a prominent member and is held up as a straight family man.

lynski wrote: »
    travolta being gay is not a big deal, except for the fact that he is a Scientologist. that 'religion' claims to 'cure' homosexuality, claims to fix peoples problems. he is a prominent member and is held up as a straight family man.

I think that is what I was trying to say, but I withered on a bit! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Locker10a wrote: »
    Ahh come on Its the Mail!!
    If the mail told me the sea was made of water i wouldnt believe it, everything the write is pure ****e! And I dont buy what they say for a split second anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Moved from AH

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Edit- sorry, I didn't realise this had been moved from LGBT, so I'm removing my mod warning.

Still think the language used (browntown) is offensive.

But here I am a mere mortal. ;)

dchris: Please do not use derogatory language to describe being gay. Please read the LGBT forum charter before posting again.

What derogatory language?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

You called them poppycocks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 KittyKat1979

Who cares a damn if hes gay. he should just come out and be done with it. If scientology wont have him, I'm sure the catholic church will !!

tuxy wrote: »
    You called them poppycocks :(

I am afraid to put a smiley in in case sense of humour will have me banned!

Lodges in browntown.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Lodges in browntown.

Oh, yes I can see some folk could find that offensive! sorry..

Oh, yes I can see some folk could find that offensive! sorry..

And some people did - the post was reported.

Terry Pratchet

And some people did - the post was reported.

Some people have little to be worrying about.. People use phrases like that on daytime TV. A lot of people on this site just seem to like spending their time contradicting, arguing and nitpicking rather than contributing in a debate or discussion. Many interesting posts are ruined by people nitpicking grammatical errors and finding offence in things just because they can, to the detriment of good discussions and humour.

I put a little warning sign on this post , in-case those of delicate dispositions are shocked by seeing their own reflection.

Edit- sorry, I didn't realise this had been moved from LGBT, so I'm removing my mod warning.

Still think the language used (browntown) is offensive.

But here I am a mere mortal. ;)

You mean my rant was completely worthless.. damn :D

Some people have little to be worrying about.. People use phrases like that on daytime TV. A lot of people on this site just seem to like spending their time contradicting, arguing and nitpicking rather than contributing in a debate or discussion. Many interesting posts are ruined by people nitpicking grammatical errors and finding offence in things just because they can, to the detriment of good discussions and humour.

I put a little warning sign on this post , in-case those of delicate dispositions are shocked by seeing their own reflection.

To be honest that particular use of language wasn't humorous or conducive to a good discussion.

Terry Pratchet

To be honest that particular use of language wasn't humorous or conducive to a good discussion.

Well that's subjective. Some people like red, some people like blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

The man who loves dancing, dressing up in pilots uniforms, best known for role as Danny Zuko in the musical Grease, dragged up as Edna Turnblad in Hairspray & frequents all male Saunas for massages is a GAY?

Poppycock! I just ain't buying it ..

Sure he just couldn't be , he's a Scientolgist , for L.Ron Hubbard's sake

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2155409/John-Travolta-hit-new-claims-secret-year-gay-affair-pilot-Eighties.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Must be leaving Scientology;)

Let the "discrediting" begin..!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

stephen_n wrote: »
    Hubbard only reflected populist opinion of the time I'm not sure that Scientology preaches a hard line on homosexuality?

Probablyt not officially, but plenty of ex-sciento's tell storys of being told they could audit out the gay.

Advertisement