Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Springer handgun - FPS ?

Options
  • 06-06-2012 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a cheap springer handgun. It's one of the cock shoot, cock shoot ones.
    I got it in Lanzarote years ago. It's not that accurate or doesn't have a good range.
    Can any of you give an idea of fps for this type of gun? I don't imagine it's high, but just curious how crap it is compared to a good airsoft gun.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Hi all,

I got it in Lanzarote years ago. It's not that accurate or doesn't have a good range.
    Can any of you give an idea of fps for this type of gun? I don't imagine it's high, but just curious how crap it is compared to a good airsoft gun.

Cheers

Depending on the make, 100-150 fps, if you're lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

swiftblade wrote: »
    Depending on the make, 100-150 fps, if you're lucky.

I'd say this would be about right, maybe 200 pushing it. so roughly.2-.35J
    also you'd have to consider the BB weight unless you're using .20's but I'd imagine you're using .12's right now (those crappy yellow ones)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

T4RGET wrote: »
    I'd say this would be about right, maybe 200 pushing it. so roughly.2-.35J
    also you'd have to consider the BB weight unless you're using .20's but I'd imagine you're using .12's right now (those crappy yellow ones)

Although, he could have been lucky enough to pick up a decent springer. I had a KWC spring pistol a while back that was actually pretty good and well bulit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Using the white .20 bb's.
    I'll put a pic up later of the gun.
    I doubt it's one of the good one's. It doesn't seem very good/accurate to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Hi all,

Cheers

You are probably looking at 0.3 J to 0.5 J or 180 - 232 FPS.
    Grand for plinking. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement