Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2fm

Options
  • 06-06-2012 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Rumour has it from august Colm Hayes is returning to breakfast time and Tubridy is going head to head with Ray D'arcy 9 till Noon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭GSF

Rumour has it from august Colm Hayes is returning to breakfast time and Tubridy is going head to head with Ray D'arcy 9 till Noon

So returning to a failed breakfast show and extending another failing show. Cant see Today FM quaking. Laughing more likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

GSF wrote: »
    So returning to a failed breakfast show and extending another failing show. Cant see Today FM quaking. Laughing more likely.

Don't agree. Sounds like a good strategy to me. Current time slots not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭cena

where well hector go. I hope tommy and hector show comes back. The stories where a laugh

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

bbability wrote: »
    Don't agree. Sounds like a good strategy to me. Current time slots not working.

Timeslots not working, yes, but presenters not working either. If Tubridy can't keep his listeners for a 2 hour show, what chance does he have for a 3 hour?

I'm indifferent about Hayes' move, can't be much worse than Hector in fairness, but it's strange to send him back to a slot where he was pretty piss-poor in.
    cena wrote: »
    where well hector go. I hope tommy and hector show comes back. The stories where a laugh

Maybe that'll be the show to permanently replace Baz and Lucy? Would make sense, but would Tommy be willing to do it is the real question.

Ah no? i love the Colm Show. Ryan Tubridy is a lovely guy but the show is boring, i wish Colm could take over entirely from 9 until 12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭squonk

It's been a while since I listened but Colm Hayes wasn't that bad at the show he was doing. For the breakkie show he had that idiot Jim Jim with him before so hopefully they'll revamp that format as it just catered to Dubs. Given the choice of Tubbs or D'Arsey, I'd shun Tubbs tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

have to say hope they don't move hector from breakfast really like his show , and much better than the main alternative dempsey

• Registered Users Posts: 6 KittyKat1979

They need to re think the whole of 2fm. no one knows what it is anymore!

I hope rick O shea, will leahy, Paddy and ruth shows are safe.

That battle axe show on sundays is pure rubbish. Love ac/dc but surely not every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

That battle axe show on sundays is pure rubbish. Love ac/dc but surely not every week.

Every word in that sentence sir is wrong.

Cormac Battle's show is best show on the radio.

• Advertisement

HJL wrote: »
    Every word in that sentence sir is wrong.

Cormac Battle's show is best show on the radio.

It seems its only the well know rock bands that get played.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

It seems its only the well know rock bands that get played.

You are correct i guess, but the show is rock anthems and indie classics so i dont think it advertises itself as a show that would play lesser known bands/artists from a few years back.

I do hate it when he plays Kings of Leon and stuff like that though. Maybe their earlier stuff, but i think a popular song from the likes of them or the black keys have t be thrown in the mix every now and then to keep the more main stream/passer-by listener entertained.

HJL wrote: »
    You are correct i guess, but the show is rock anthems and indie classics so i dont think it advertises itself as a show that would play lesser known bands/artists from a few years back.

I do hate it when he plays Kings of Leon and stuff like that though. Maybe their earlier stuff, but i think a popular song from the likes of them or the black keys have t be thrown in the mix every now and then to keep the more main stream/passer-by listener entertained.

I'm not saying its the worse show on the airwaves. But I would like some black stone cherry from time to time

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭bureau2009

As a lifelong radio fan (and one time pirate radio dj) here's my take on 2FM:

It needs a COMPLETE root and branch, top-to-toe makeover and revamp. In recent years it has been UNLISTENABLE.

RTE Radio has resources that other stations don't have, yet the smallest station has better output. Management, or more accurately mis-management at 2FM is another issue.

Make listener centered, listener friendly radio. Forget about radio "personalities", there's a distinct lack of TRUE radio personalities around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

if its true then its a bit like reorganising the titanic. darcy is proving very popular and will be a hard act to topple now that he has a good lead.
    perhaps dave fanning would be a better choice than tubs as when he stood in for gerry ryan he was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Its ironic that the broadcasting authority/RTE/government got rid of all the pirates and now have no fresh new presenters to poach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

2fm is like the HSE of Irish Radio. Strip it to the bone and start over. It's the only way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jamesmcgrath88

Absolutely right 2fm needs to be rebuilt, I thought it was supposed to be aimed at a young Irish audience? I would love to see what the average age of a 2fm listener is, I think they could learn a lot from BBC Radio 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

I thought it was supposed to be aimed at a young Irish audience?

Not anymore. In 2009 they realised they were losing the battle for younger listeners, instead of changing their output to win them back they decided to change their target audience to 25 - 44 years olds. It didn't work.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0818/1224252774328.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭prunudo

EchoO wrote: »
    Not anymore. In 2009 they realised they were losing the battle for younger listeners, instead of changing their output to win them back they decided to change their target audience to 25 - 44 years olds. It didn't work.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0818/1224252774328.html

And yet all this week Tubridy is aiming his show at finding out which kid can spell the biggest word:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

jvan wrote: »
    And yet all this week Tubridy is aiming his show at finding out which kid can spell the biggest word:rolleyes:

Actually, 25-44 year olds are the portion of the audience who are more likely to have young children in primary school, and for whom such an item could be quite relevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

On Rick O'Shea they're celebrating the Volvo Ocean Race in GALWAY!, by giving away 2 nights in WESTPORT!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭squonk

fifi234ie wrote: »
    On Rick O'Shea they're celebrating the Volvo Ocean Race in GALWAY!, by giving away 2 nights in WESTPORT!

You wouldn't feel the trip up to Westport but it's the one damn week you want to be in Galway though! LOL!

Advertisement