Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I qualify for JSA?

Options
  • 06-06-2012 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Evening,

Just finished 4 years of college last week and I'm wondering do I qualify for JSA? I'm 22 (23 in August) and living at home.

While I'm activley looking for a job, I dont know when I'll get one.

What do I need to claim JSA and where do I do it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

hjoeboy wrote: »
    Evening,

Just finished 4 years of college last week and I'm wondering do I qualify for JSA? I'm 22 (23 in August) and living at home.

While I'm activley looking for a job, I dont know when I'll get one.

What do I need to claim JSA and where do I do it?

Thanks

You go to your local sw office (download UP1 form from this link and have it filled out http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Pages/jajbapplications.aspx) bring passport and drivers licence with you or passport and long version of birth cert... proof of address... a bill in your name or a recent utility bill in your parents name with a letter from them stating you are residing there... a letter from the college stating the date you finished. You will be issued with a UP1b form which is the application for means testing as jsa is a means tested payment and as you are <25 years of age any earnings your parents have will be assessed as means against you. You will have to provide payslips from your parents and also 3-6 months of your own bank statements.

Advertisement