Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EURO 2012

Options
  • 06-06-2012 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭

Anybody got any suggestions on where to watch the Irish games. Not sure if I'm interested in braving the likes of O'Neils @ Leicester Square but would like somewhere a little livelier than my local sports bar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

the Porterhouse in Covent Garden? I watched the All-Ireland final there last year and there was a great atmosphere. It'll probably be very busy though.

I'm going to stick with somewhere a bit closer to home - the Blythe Hill Tavern in Catford. Award winning Irish pub with a good choice of beer (and 10% off every pint for Camra members). Almost forgot one of the most important factors for choosing a venue - they should be showing the RTE coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

The Sheephaven Bay in Mornington Crescent is a good bet. Loads of TVs and will be showing RTE coverage. Watched Ireland qualify in there and will be back there on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Yeah, The Porthouse will be jammed I'd imagine.

The Sheephaven Bay is a decent shout though!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

I'll be going to Brogan's in Fulham as it's close by, but now I'm thinking I don't want to miss out on the RTE coverage. Anywhere in the area that would have it on?

Getting very excira for Sunday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Anyone know anywhere in Clapham/Battersea that would have RTE coverage?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'm thinking the Twelve Pins in Finsbury Park. Colcannon and Guinness to get warmed up for it.

Advertisement