Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Bill Pay Cancellation

Options
  • 06-06-2012 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

I cancelled my Bill Pay contact on 25 April 2012 and emailed them as requested. A bill arrived 2 weeks later and when I rang to ask why, I was told it would take a month from the date I sent the email to process the cancellation.
    I received another bill yesterday, and checked my call plan online. It still says Bill Pay.
    So I rang today at 5pm and was told the relevant dept was too busy to handle my query. They said to call back in 30 minutes. I asked that they call me back and they said OK. It's now an hour, and nothing.
    I can't find an actual Meteor forum here, does anyone from Meteor look at these posts? I posted on their FB page too, but they knock off at 5pm!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I dont think they have a 'talk to:' section here.

If you cancelled your account on the 25th of April, it could close on the 25th of May. Any calls made after that would be billed for a few days later, is that what you received?

Are you still using the phone or are you waiting to switch to payg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I dont think they have a 'talk to:' section here.

If you cancelled your account on the 25th of April, it could close on the 25th of May. Any calls made after that would be billed for a few days later, is that what you received?

Are you still using the phone or are you waiting to switch to payg?

I received a bill on 3 May, that was when they told me it takes a month to process. So I assumed that would be my last bill. Then I got a bill yesterday for 25 May to 24 June.

I rarely use my phone which was why I wanted to switch to PAYG. I was on 200 mins and 200 texts and last month only used 4 texts! But I now have a bill for the full amount of my call plan.

I went on their forum and a few people there said they got no reply when they sent cancellation emails last year, so I resent my email an hour ago (6pm) and got a response saying they are out of office.

I'll call them again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If your billing date is, for example, the 25th, and you cancel on the 10th June. You will already have been bill on your 25th May bill up until 24th June. You will then get your 25th June bill, which will pay until the 24th July. Since you are required to give 30 days notice, and your account will cancel on the 10th July (or so), you will receive a credit on your final bill issued on 25th July.

The only way to avoid this is to cancel on your exact billing date.

I cancelled on 25 April and have now received my second bill since then. Meteor claimed thay had never received my first email sent 25 April and wanted me to re-send it. I forwarded it to them so they could see I had sent it to the correct address the first time. (They decided I might have made a spelling mistake in the address). They said a confirmation email should have been send upon receipt of the first email...I never got one, and frankly, didn't expect to get one.

I rang them again this morning and they searched their inbox and found my re-sent email. They switched me to PAYG within 30 minutes, and refunded me €10 as they had been charging me the Bill Pay amount even though I never used my quota.

Lesson learnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 EB1

Im having the same issue with them ignoring emails. Beyond pissed off with them at this stage. Will be canceling 30 day contract and will do it on next billing date as per advice above. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 EB1

Im having the same issue with them ignoring emails. Beyond pissed off with them at this stage. Will be canceling 30 day contract and will do it on next billing date as per advice above. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I find their twitter feed @Meteor_Mobile pretty helpful. Cant say the same about their forum on meteor.ie. I have a feeling the eircom reps help out sometimes on the talk to eircom section though

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I find their twitter feed @Meteor_Mobile pretty helpful. Cant say the same about their forum on meteor.ie. I have a feeling the eircom reps help out sometimes on the talk to eircom section though

Will make a note of that. Cheers cookie1977 :)

Advertisement