Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio people working with partners or ex partners on air

Options
  • 06-06-2012 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

must have too be hard working with ex's eg mary wilson tony o d did they ever have contact since split

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Easier than television. Would be least able to give each other the finger.

I'd imagine working with a current partner would be harder than dealing with an ex.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Aenaes wrote: »
    Easier than television. Would be least able to give each other the finger.

:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

must have too be hard working with ex's eg mary wilson tony o d did they ever have contact since split

Whenever O'Donoghue is on Drivetime he speaks directly to the sports guy, never to Wlison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

I thought they had a kid together.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,821 ✭✭✭squonk

I can't speak for MW or TO'D but I'd imagine that like, in any job, most of these people are professionals and could do their job on air without regard to their personal issues. I'm sure a good manager/producer too would see to it that they were not in direct contact on air if the results were not likely to be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭countygorey

i dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

EchoO wrote: »
    Whenever O'Donoghue is on Drivetime he speaks directly to the sports guy, never to Wlison.

I noticed that as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

That's not particularly unusual. Other in-studio reporters like the finance guy (name escapes me...) interview their own guests as well as part of their respective bulletins.

Advertisement