Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying hard copy comics online

Options
  • 06-06-2012 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Hey guys sorry complete newbie to this :roll eyes: I was looking at marvel.com to get some actual comics that I can hold in my hand but is this possible? All they have is digital copies, is that right? Is there anywhere else you can order actual hard copy comics?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

For hard copies, you're either looking at a 3rd party online comics shop or a local retailer. Marvel and DC have previously offered discounted subscriptions on hard copy comics, but it seems they're moving towards digital distribution instead. If you're in Cork your physical-retailer option is Other Realms, upstairs in the Paul Street Shopping Centre.

Have a look at the Resources thread for suggested online comic shops that other posters have used :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

Hey guys sorry complete newbie to this :roll eyes: I was looking at marvel.com to get some actual comics that I can hold in my hand but is this possible? All they have is digital copies, is that right? Is there anywhere else you can order actual hard copy comics?

I get most of my trades from http://www.bookdepository.co.uk . They tend to be the cheapest and it's free delivery!

For physical copies of monthly comics, you're looking at Other Realms in Cork as the previous poster said, or Sub City and Forbidden Planet in Dublin.

There's also those Panini collections you find in most newsagents like Easons for stuff like Spider-Man, Avengers, Batman etc. if that's your thing. I used to buy 'em as a kid and they were fantastic; three comics in one for a fraction of the price. They were always a bit behind the US but then, the internet wasn't around to spoil everything back then!

I use mycomicshop.com sometimes to order individual comics from the US. It works out a bit cheaper if you're buying a lot of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Fuzz McG wrote: »
    I get most of my trades from http://www.bookdepository.co.uk . They tend to be the cheapest and it's free delivery!

For physical copies of monthly comics, you're looking at Other Realms in Cork as the previous poster said, or Sub City and Forbidden Planet in Dublin.

I've used FP in Dublin for years and they're great but tbh I've switched to DCBS about 3 years ago and even accounting for postage charges and the weakening euro its still cheaper to import from the states.

Advertisement