Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spartan Strike and Submit Championships 14th July

Options
  • 06-06-2012 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Spartan will be hosting a strike and submit competition for Teens and Adults!!
    This will be amateur mma 'D' class Rules similar to the mma league.

Weights are under 60,65,70,75,80,85,90,95,95+

Weigh in on the day 10 till 11

Fights start at 12

20 euro entry fee and league format, matches 4 mins long.

http://www.facebook.com/events/245931502182477/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Stillweak

Hi
    Would you explain the rules please.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭StcIreland

Stillweak wrote: »
    Hi
    Would you explain the rules please.

Thanks

Hi there Stillweak,

The Rules for this event are MMa League rules, which means no head shots standing or on the ground, you may punch and kick to the body standing or grounded, no elbows allowed what so ever, takedowns and submissions allowed.

it will be a one day tournament meaning you will face everyone in your division and get point for wins and draws to declare a winner on the day

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

StcIreland wrote: »
    The Rules for this event are D class rules, which means no head shots standing or on the ground, you may punch and kick to the body standing or grounded, no elbows allowed what so ever, takedowns and submissions allowed.

D class mean's Nothing now, just call it league rules cause D class as a term is redundant, if still going by the a,b, z class system then League rules would be E class anyway.

Terms that should be used in my opinion

Pro-ufc rules

Amateur, What people are calling New C class

Teen rules, similar to old C class

Leagues, MMA league rules

By letters Which needs to be forgotten

A ufc
    B new c class with 4 mins
    C Old b with 3 mins
    D Old C class
    E MMA League rules.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    D class mean's Nothing now, just call it league rules cause D class as a term is redundant, if still going by the a,b, z class system then League rules would be E class anyway.

Terms that should be used in my opinion

Pro-ufc rules

Amateur, What people are calling New C class

Teen rules, similar to old C class

Leagues, MMA league rules

By letters Which needs to be forgotten

A ufc
    B new c class with 4 mins
    C Old b with 3 mins
    D Old C class
    E MMA League rules.

Yes paul i see what you are saying and would have to agree forget letters and just call it what it is ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Hi I was just wondering what equipment is needed to compete, is it 8oz C class gloves or the 4oz ones and do you have to wear shin/kick guards. Also are knees to the body ok

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi I was just wondering what equipment is needed to compete, is it 8oz C class gloves or the 4oz ones and do you have to wear shin/kick guards. Also are knees to the body ok

Thanks

You will need 4 oz mma gloves and shinguards that have a foot padding, knees to the body are ok standing and grounded just no head shots

Anyone looking to compete in this event must pre register to this email address stcireland@gmail.com

with the following information

Name

Club

Weight

This is pre register but pay on the day event

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

You will need 4 oz mma gloves and shinguards that have a foot padding, knees to the body are ok standing and grounded just no head shots

4oz gloves are Pro gloves. Is this correct or are you using 6oz sparing gloves?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

4oz gloves are Pro gloves. Is this correct or are you using 6oz sparing gloves?

4oz also used in the mma league, would have expected you to know that john.

4oz also used in the mma league, would have expected you to know that john.

And what exactly has that got to do with the question I asked?

• Advertisement

And what exactly has that got to do with the question I asked?

A lot really, earlier in the thread the op confirms that this is indeed league rules which would mean 4oz gloves. he is then asked to confirm wether it is 6oz or 4oz gloves? confirmed as 4oz gloves by op.
    then your statement is that 4oz gloves are pro gloves, which is of course true, but with the op alrerady confirming league rules and that 4oz gloves are being used your question sounds as if your surprised at the 4oz rule, which obviously couldnt be true with your league involvement and i have obviously erred in my assumption so i do truly apologise John.

The reason we choose 4 oz gloves is because it is a amateur mma competition, and since there is no head shots then we are not worried about needing extra padding and with less padding it will make the grappling a bit easier

The reason we choose 4 oz gloves is because it is a amateur mma competition, and since there is no head shots then we are not worried about needing extra padding and with less padding it will make the grappling a bit easier

Makes sense, was just curious. Thanks :)

same reason as the leagues i would presume :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭heno86

Hey,any idea how many matches you would be looking at on the day? I'd be 80.5- cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

probly about 2

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭heno86

manga_10 wrote: »
    probly about 2

Ah cool,someone said everybody in your category which could be quite a few...

heno86 wrote: »
    Ah cool,someone said everybody in your category which could be quite a few...

yes it will be everybody in your category to give guys more fights and more experience...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ATMatm

So if there's 12 in your division you'll have 11 fights? Or will it be split in half with the winner of each division facing off?

ATMatm wrote: »
    So if there's 12 in your division you'll have 11 fights? Or will it be split in half with the winner of each division facing off?

the division will be split with 2 finalists facing off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Bres

Little bump since this is tomorrow! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Any numbers on how many have entered each weight division?

Any numbers on how many have entered each weight division?

So far i believe there is 1 or 2 people per division but i would not let that dis courage people from entering as with most of our competitions we always get an influx of competitors on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Bres

Big thank you to everyone who helped out today!! All the fights were great! Well done to everyone who competed, it was a tough competition! Big shout out to all the coaches who are clearly doing a great job! the standard has grown alot in this country hope everyone enjoyed it and we will try run another one in the near future! :)
    If anyone who was there today has some constructive criticism for us so we can try run things smoother next time fire away!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

I got lost as the map on the face book page brought me to a garden centre in kingswood spent an hour and a half like a dick driving around. Maybe a contact number on the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭steviemac

Hi have you any results from this strike and submit, Thanks

Advertisement