Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schoulder injury

Options
  • 06-06-2012 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭

Guys, i appreciate this is not a long-term health issue. However I honestly don't know where to go to ask for advice. I would be grateful if I can be advised or if it can be put onto the right section. I have checked and there are dental issues but no health issues. Basically I have a shoulder problem which has been going on for the last few months. It has got sorer in the last few days and I want to get it checked out. I am not working at present but have VHI Insurance. When I rung their Swiftcare unit in Swords they advised that even though I have a card it will cost €145 for a talk and a x-ray!? This is as far as I am concerned excessive and I did not make an appointment. Is it best going to my GP and then onto a&e at Beaumont Hospital and wait my time there. Would that be a cheaper option? I am not entitled to a medical card btw. Cheers for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

The cheapest option for you is to go to your GP and get a referral letter for A&E - once you have that letter, you will not be charged in A&E, but obviously if you are going to the likes of Beaumont be prepared for a very long wait, it could be 5 or 6 hours before you see a Doc there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

you should see your gp initially and they can refer you on appropriately

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement