Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet groups/clubs locallly?

Options
  • 06-06-2012 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hey all!

I'm living around Newcastle West, finding it terribly difficult to find people who actually have hobbies around?

Shouldn't be this difficult as I have normal interests (I swear) :D

Can't seem to find anything to do round here? Unemployment is melting my brain!

Also as I'm here, I wonder if anyone would be interested in starting a ladies soccer/camogie team in an area that does not yet have one? Or indeed if anyone knows of teams looking for a coach? I'm retired through injury from both sports, have coaching experience and played at county level. Would love to stay in the game in whatever role that might be!

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Hey - Surprised you didn't get more feedback here - Maybe try the Ladies Lounge too?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1011

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

hey OP ive heard of this crowd called Macra before. they have clubs all over the country. they are aimed at 17-35 year olds from the country side but they are open to all ages from everywhere. they have alot of events on locally and nationally. just follow the link below for all the info. if you want to get in touch with the Limerick chapter the details are below or else you can join up online ia the link below. hope you give it a try and it works out for you. its always hard meeting new people but hang in there youll be fine. just dont be shy. everyone is the exact same

Limerick Contact: Brigid Walsh
    Title: Training & Development Officer
    Phone: 086 0822038
    Email: bwalsh@macra.ie
    http://www.macra.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Misswhat,Have you thought about doing some volunteering?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 misswhat

Raiser- yeah I was surprised too to be honest, thanks for your suggestion :)

Thump- Thanks a lot I really really appreciate that, I'll check out all the links, and thanks for the tips. I was a bit let down when I saw no comments on my post LOL I thought i ought to give up just then. Thanks again :D

Panda- Yeah, I'm volunteering for the Red Cross soon. Really wanna get back into coaching voluntarily obviously, just can't seem to get in touch with the right people. Or starting a team as I said, just can't seem to find connections :/:)

Thanks all for yer help, I really appreciate it !

And any other volunteering to be honest, so if anyone knows of anything, it'd be great :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Limerick Animal Welfare are always looking for volunteers afaik.

Cool, will check it out, thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,746 ✭✭✭✭phog

misswhat wrote: »
    And any other volunteering to be honest, so if anyone knows of anything, it'd be great :)

I'm sure Limerick Youth Service would welcome your contribution to youth work in the area. Contact 061 4124444

Advertisement