Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BJ Penn Vs Rory MacDonald

Options
  • 06-06-2012 8:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

It's not officially signed but BJ has posted the following on his website:

"Rory, I accept your challenge!"

So who wins it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Zuffa? :) If they are not offended at the matchmaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sekon2008

Locomotion wrote: »
    It's not officially signed but BJ has posted the following on his website:

"Rory, I accept your challenge!"

So who wins it?
    Rory.... BJ got a tiny tiny chance

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Why is BJ doing this to himself? He "retires" and then decides to come back against a guy who is bigger, stronger and possesses all of the skills needed to dismantle BJ!

Rory will take this. BJ will hang with him for the first round...... then he will tire badly and Rory will destroy him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Yep, Rory via murder when BJ gasses in the second round.

Who are BJs advisors? They should be ashamed letting him take these welter fights.

On the plus side ill hopefully get a ticket for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Why is BJ doing this to himself? He "retires" and then decides to come back against a guy who is bigger, stronger and possesses all of the skills needed to dismantle BJ!

Having just finished reading his book he enjoys a good challenge and I think his record shows that! He has always fought people who are near/at the top of their game.
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    Rory will take this. BJ will hang with him for the first round...... then he will tire badly and Rory will destroy him

Agreed, was fortunate enough to get to see him fight Diaz at 137 but sadly he fell away in the 2nd and 3rd round. Little early for my prediction but I can see round 1 going to B.J and round 2 & 3 to Rory with some vicous GnP :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭liverbear

Rory is the future, BJ will be doing himself no favours

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

liverbear wrote: »
    Rory is the future, BJ will be doing himself no favours

he's doing rory a massive favour here, when rory beats bj he has a serious win under his belt

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

No chance of BJ winning this. Rory McDonald is a future champion. BJ has some balls taking this fight though. Wonder why McDonald called him out? That this fight would make him a contender? Wonder would McDonald & GSP ever consider fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Wonder would McDonald & GSP ever consider fighting.

They have both said they wouldn't fight. Rory said if GSP is still the Champ and he ever gets a shot at the belt then he would wait for GSP to have either lost or vacated the title.

GSP said if he was still Champ and Rory had worked his way to a title shot that he would rather go up to Middleweight and let Rory have his time to shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,169 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Rob01 wrote: »
    Little early for my prediction but I can see round 1 going to B.J and round 2 & 3 to Rory with some vicous GnP :)

The chances of this happening are very slim imo

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Little early for my prediction but I can see round 1 going to B.J and round 2 & 3 to Rory with some vicous GnP :)

The chances of this happening are very slim imo
    What part of it? Round 1 BJ, 2&3 Rory....or it going the distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,169 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

]
    What part of it? Round 1 BJ, 2&3 Rory....or it going the distance?
    Going the distance.

Either BJ shows up back at his best and looks to stop RMcD. Or BJ gasses and gets finished. Either way I can't see it gong past 10 mins.

Mellor wrote: »
    Going the distance.

Either BJ shows up back at his best and looks to stop RMcD. Or BJ gasses and gets finished. Either way I can't see it gong past 10 mins.

BJ has failed to go past 3 rounds only once in his career so I can't see Rory stopping him even if he does hammer him for 2 rounds.

Each to their own opinion I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

after remembering the mike pyle fight and seeing him throw around Nate Diaz a year or so ago, i don't fancy BJ's chances with Rory at 170 tbh. I predict BJ to throw in the towel after the second round.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I hate this match up and it'll be a very onesided fight
    pointless but maybe bj will retire for good after this one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

A focused Penn with enough training time and desire could be very dangerous for Rory and could set him back... but it's all about the first round. Rory is a very scary prospect/talent... could end up being waaaay better than GSP in all ways but he's still a kid, which just makes it even more scarier - best prospect in the UFC! Penn by flurry early first round.. just to be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 danmur

i just dont see penn getting off his back in this one, rory will lay on him all night hes to strong..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

To all you Penn believers, you can currently get him at +192 on Sportbet.

Personally, I reckon you're throwing your money away though. MacDonald will smash him!

Advertisement