Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allen Carr Seminar

Options
  • 06-06-2012 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Just wondering whether anyone has any experience with the Allen Carr seminar whether it's worth the money, whether it works etc... thinking of taking the plunge so all opinions appreciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Do they still offer a money-back guarantee? If so, and there's no nasty smallprint, it would be worth a go surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

I used it ad was off them about 2 years.
    At the time it was about 500 euro (same as 2.5 months of 20 a day smoking then)
    so definately worth the money.

They used to have a money back policy if you smoked again within 6 months.

I'm off them three months or so now using the book and don't miss them.
    If I start again, I'll try the seminar.

I'd advise trying the book first but if you hate reading, want to quit soon, ....book the seminar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

frulewis wrote: »
    Just wondering whether anyone has any experience with the Allen Carr seminar whether it's worth the money, whether it works etc... thinking of taking the plunge so all opinions appreciated!!

Anything you try to get off the cigarettes is worth the money to try it.

Every day you smoke you are putting a match to money - quite literally. There was a guy on here recently who calculated he would have saved over 3k in the time he was off them. Thats money that he would have just burned up.

I quit on Jan 1. Its the best thing Ive ever done for myself. I read the book after I quit.

Read the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭frulewis

have the book but only picked it up now and again but am buying my last packet of fags tommorrow and am going to sit down for the afternoon and read it again for some extra determination!!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭remembering

i was off them a week when i read the book - definitely worked for me, found it EXCELLENT so try that first maybe? im off them since 10 january - a miracle - touch wood!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

I read the book and it worked a treat! Couldn't wait to stop, stopped and stayed stopped ever since! 8 years now I think! :D

Mr sudzs did the seminar and stopped smoking for around 4 hours! :rolleyes:

If you are ready to stop smoking, really want to stop then it would be worth doing. But it is pricey. Try reading the book first maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭battser

I went to it 4 weeks ago this coming Saturday and I haven't looked back. I also read the book as I wanted to read it anyway which just reiterated what I learned from the seminar. I personally thought the seminar was great. Lots of people don't get anything from it but deep down these are the ones who don't really want to give up IMO.

If you go its worth it. The advice I would give going in is first be ready and want to stop. Second is to have an open mind.

Advertisement