Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learn to longboard in Cork

Options
  • 05-06-2012 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    I was driving through town recently when I saw two guys on longboards. Looked cool, the boards looked excellent. I'd like to give it a go. Not interested in tricks, just cruising.
    My son does skating in Touchwood, but I've never seen any longboards there. I've checked Skatenutter.com but I can't find any mention of longboards.
    I've checked some other sites, but the boards seem to be around €250, which is a bit too much for me. My son did pay over €100 for his board, but that was from his own savings. (saving builds character you know)
    So, some questions, I hope someone can help me out.
    1. Is there a certain size for it to be a "longboard"? I'm just wondering if I could have been looking at a longboard on a site, but not recognised it for what it was.
    2. Would I be able to get a longboard secondhand? I don't want to spend a lot of cash on something I may not actually like, so I'm trying to get started on the cheap. My goggle search has only returned surfing longboards so far though.
    3. Lessons. I don't want to learn with the kids in Touchwood, but at the same time I realise a few good pointers will probably spare me time. Any ideas on this front?

I won't buy second hand helmet though, same as I only buy new protective gear for the motorbike.
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

hi,

have a look at our website and see if there anything that we have that can help you out, our longboard range is growing all the time. feel free to ring or email us for any advice

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wierdfish

Thanks. Those Landyacht boards you have look the job, but at nearly €300 are out of my price range.
    Perhaps there should be scheme like for the bicycles - the government pays half, and the other half comes out of wages over 12 months. Hmm, might propose that cinder to my local TD.

Advertisement