Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jtag or RGH

Options
  • 05-06-2012 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

im looking to mod my xbox 360 pro, i was wondering what mod would suit what i need it for, i want to be able to backup games to an external hard drive and play them from there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sighface wrote: »
    im looking to mod my xbox 360 pro, i was wondering what mod would suit what i need it for, i want to be able to backup games to an external hard drive and play them from there?

Sigh...
    Charter wrote:
    DO NOT POST ANYTHING IN RELATION TO BACKING UP/RIPPING GAMES. THIS INCLUDES WHERE/HOW OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO DOWNLOADING GAMES
    DO NOT LINK TO SITES THAT HAVE INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE.
    DO NOT DISCUSS HOW TO RUN PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE ILLEGALLY - THIS INCLUDES LOADERS/FLASH CARDS/MODIFIED CODE ETC

Anything to do with backing up games is illegal, if you own them or not is doesn't matter as they are digitally protected. If you want to run homebrew from an external hdd then that's different, but games, we can't help you with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

A JTAG and RGH are both the same

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

justryan wrote: »
    A JTAG and RGH are both the same

Well, they are not the same but what they accomplish is the same :)

You probably can't JTAG anyway OP, the days of seeing JTAGable consoles is pretty much gone

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Fwiw JTAGs should boot quicker (the nature of the reset glitch hack means that startup time can be anywhere from a few seconds up to a minute+), RGH gives more flexability if you want to Dual Nand (JTAGs can't do this). I'm not an expert but thats what I understand as being the main difference. Your RGH can do all that a JTAG can do i.e: dashlaunch and FSD/XexMenu whatever as well as have Xell and running all the homebrew stuff. Also to JTAG you need to be on a very old dash, i.e: the older blades one and some early revision, if your on the later dashes RGH may be the only option

Nick

JTAGs can run off dual nands :)

• Advertisement

What's the situation with RGH on Xenon motherboards? Is it possible with RGH 2.0 and do I need to get the new Coolrunner revision?

What's the situation with RGH on Xenon motherboards? Is it possible with RGH 2.0 and do I need to get the new Coolrunner revision?

No new Coolrunner revision is required, you will need a 10ohm resistor and to remove a capacitor from the Coolrunner :)

Just picked up 5 resistors from Maplin today myself, have a Coolrunner to modify :D

Thank you I think I have a Rev b floating around somewhere :)

Seems you can only RGH a xenon for CPU/DVD key retrieval, can anyone else back this up?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Tbh, I haven't been up to date with the whole RGH scene the past while, my main focus has been custom ROM's and kernel's on Android phones.:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement