Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lavender infiltrated by weeds

Options
  • 05-06-2012 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

I have a few very healthy Lavender plants that are just about to bloom. The only problem is that they've been infiltrated by weeds, mainly by Medicago lupulina, a type of running clover with little yellow flowers on it. :(

What can I do? I know I could cut out the clover, but this would likely damage the Lavender plants themselves. Is there any weed killer I could put on them that would be clover-specific? Has anyone other suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Don't use weedkillers. Try and pull the weeds up by grabbing them near the root. A small hoe could help.
    Don't let weeds grow untill they are too big to manage. Regularly do some weeding (manually), it can be very therapeutic.

Advertisement