Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Grizzly Bear +Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

That ute's a beaut.

Surprised that this hasn't drummed up a bit more interest...

Anyhoo, what a blissful racket! Dan Rossen is striking out as one of the most capable six-stringers in the business; I've always admired his unique approach to phrasing the notes. IMO, Grizzly Bear ought to feel out the ratcheting up of intensity that's on show here; these guys really understand how to contrast tension and release and Chris Bear is a hugely innovative drummer so I wanna hear more of him clattering on those pots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

It's a brilliant track, elements of prog rock laces with the usual brilliantly lush harmonies

Was lucky enough to catch them in Cork and meet them before the gig on the street. Odd guys if I'm being honest but brilliant musicians, can't wait for the album

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

New track didnt do much for me really. I was an enormous fan, saw them in whelans in 2007 with a crowd of about 100 people when they were touring yellow house but i just couldnt get into veckitamest all that much and im not really digging this either.

Anyone know what day they'll be playing EP? I want to catch them live but I think EP conflicts with an exam of mine. Might pop over to LDN to check them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

I cannot wait for the new record. Veckitamest is a wonderful album and I've been playing Yellow House every other day for the last few months. They're incredibly unpredictable which I reckon is why I love them so much, I have no idea where they're coming from.

I don't think I'll be going to EP (hell hole) this year, even though them playing it would be a big draw for me... They won't announce the running order/lineup til way closer to the time.

New song; absolutely gorgeous it is, too. Villagers have been announced as the support for a much of the European leg of the tour, itching to catch one of the shows!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

That will be amazing live.

'Half-gate' live on BBC3

GB debuted a new live track on some radio show; haven't been able to check it out myself yet as I have no Flash so I'll have to wait until this evening. Anyone managed to catch it yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I've listened to Shields a few times now and I like but don't love it yet. I'm sure I'll end up loving it. Veckatimest took a lot of effort but it paid back 10 fold.

• Advertisement

Shields has been streaming for the past few days on NPR. Been tuning into it sporadically and while it hasn't quite wormed its way inside me just yet it has been slowly growing on me. Nothing quite as immediate as 'Sleeping Ute' or 'Yet Again' but I can imagine it rewards repeated listens.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

It's on spotify. Stunning album.

It's on spotify. Stunning album.

Every man and his dog has been say it's great, their best effort yet but I don't think it's as good as Veckatimest. Although I said the same about Veckatimest.

Stompbox wrote: »
    Nothing quite as immediate as 'Sleeping Ute' or 'Yet Again' but I can imagine it rewards repeated listens.

Half-gate is probably in the same league.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Are they going to pop back over here at some stage on their tour or is the performance at EP all we're getting?

Are they going to pop back over here at some stage on their tour or is the performance at EP all we're getting?

Nothing scheduled but considering they don't release albums all that often I expect them to tour this album a lot meaning another Irish date.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Nothing scheduled but considering they don't release albums all that often I expect them to tour this album a lot meaning another Irish date.

He did kind of subtly imply they'd be back during their performance at EP now that I think of it. Let's hope so anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Every man and his dog has been say it's great, their best effort yet but I don't think it's as good as Veckatimest. Although I said the same about Veckatimest.

Yellow house is leagues ahead of Veckitamest. And on first listen to shields i honestly think it just sounds really boring aside from the tracks i already heard (yet again, sleeping ute). Its kinda plodding and just not a very exciting album. Maybe itll grow on me but im starting to think Yellow House was the best thing theyll ever do.

Yellow house is leagues ahead of Veckitamest. And on first listen to shields i honestly think it just sounds really boring aside from the tracks i already heard (yet again, sleeping ute). Its kinda plodding and just not a very exciting album. Maybe itll grow on me but im starting to think Yellow House was the best thing theyll ever do.

I found Yellow house a little bleak. It reminds me of depressing times for me so that's to be expected I suppose. It has some great moments on it though. I love the dreaminess of Veckitamest. Shields has neither of these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Just back from the gig in Cologne. Caught the last couple of songs from Villagers and the crowd seemed to really like them. Not sure if that is just German politeness but the whole crowd were listening and cheering after each song. I thought I saw a poster that said that Villagers are playing again next March in Cologne so maybe they are more popular then than I thought.

Grizzly Bear were great. Not a huge fan, only have the last album but they were really good. Probably 35-40% of songs were from Shield but I really enjoyed the whole gig. Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Great value for €22, couldn't go wrong with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement