Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

anyone know what this front grill is from

Options
  • 05-06-2012 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

haven't a clue what this grill came from as its been stored for donkeys years,,,its about 33 inches long and at each end has a curve for the headlights... could be from a lorry or car
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Toyota Crown I think or was it the Carina.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Woo-hoo - if shagmans right then I guessed right.:D

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

It’s from a Corolla K20, like this one:

1277191837_100660291_1-Fotos-de--TOYOTA-COROLLA-K20-1277191837.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Damn!

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hey, you were close! :) (so was shagman).

@ oldfella, I’d say you could get some money for that, it looks like it would clean up well, and seems to be intact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭oldfella

thanks for sorting that out....ya its in mint cond.....whats it worth?

Don’t know its value myself, but I would say it depends on its rarity.

Based on my experience with other classic car parts (non-Toyota), if there are loads of them about, it’s probably not worth more than about €25-30, but if they are super-rare, and in high demand, you might see three figures (but I’m more inclined to think that they aren’t that rare, given that the K20 was a big seller in 70’s Irl).

Advertisement