Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT Tutors

Options
  • 05-06-2012 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey everyone,

I just noticed there doesn't seem to be any threads recommending tutors for help with the GAMSAT-particularly the science section. Also, although there have been a few recommendations thrown around I can't seem to see many outside Dublin, which would be of great help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Hey again

I was hoping to find someone good in Dublin.

Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DiGeorge

My 2c on this as both someone who has taken the GAMSAT and who tutors people in taking it; you probably don't need a tutor.

Well you don't need one for the entirety of your study anyhow. The majority of your progress will be down to your own hours in the library attempting questions and brute force practice. You should be able to get your head around the basic principles of the sciences if you start at a suitable level. This can mean going back to a Junior Certificate book (bargains to be had here in a couple of weeks!) to get to grips with things before moving up to A-Level.

Studying medicine is similar as it requires a high level of self directed learning. I'm not insinuating anything here about either of you, just speaking in general, but if you can only get past the GAMSAT science with constant tutoring then you are going to struggle with Medicine.

And after what is possibly the world's worst sales pitch for grinds I'll say this; they are very useful at getting you over the hump and feeling more comfortable with the more complicated concepts and questions. They have their place but what will get you a good score and what will make you succeed once you get on the course is self directed study. It's not the sexy solution to the GAMSAT but it works.

Advertisement