Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

support

Options
  • 05-06-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭

From time to time you get threads here form parents who are tearing there head out with frustration with their teens behavior.

I was in that position one time and it was the hardest time in my life I thought I was going mad at one stage it was one thing after another and nothing seemed to be working.

But

She grew up and grew out of it eventually and now she laughts at the way she use to behaved ( but has no explanation as to way she did some of the things she did ) A lot of it resolved its self when she left school and looking back I know she was one of those children that never liked school.

Any way yesterday she volunteered at the woman mini marathon for a cancer charity and I am so proud of her and I never thought I would see the day when she would do something like that.

So anyone else have a story of dreadful times with a teenager working out alright in the end it would be great support to any parent going through it at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Good idea for a thread maria, glad to hear you made it out the other side;). My oldest lad has me tearing my hair out at times with his moods, I wish I could ignore him better but he just pushes. There are no major problems with him no drinking, smoking ect but he would be an xbox addict if he was let:). My main bone of contention is having to ask him to do everything numerous times grrrr.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Mariealice how old is your daughter now?

My ladys main problem is with her attitude towards me, her dad and her teachers. Other than that she is a good kid. I think its a power struggle and when she is older she will be an adult so there will be no power struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

My daughter is 19 now and it really started to get better by the time she was 17 ...it was the 14 to 16 bit that was the worst ...it hard to say what it was about looking back there was a lot of pushing the boundaries and wanting to do thing that she was too young to do, then there was the dislike of school and a whole lot of other very serious and potentially dangers things that I wont go in to as she is entitled to her privacy.

The one thing I learned that is that you need to be tough and stick to your guns I was lucky I had the support of my family it would be very hard to do on you own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Mariealice how old is your daughter now?

My ladys main problem is with her attitude towards me, her dad and her teachers. Other than that she is a good kid. I think its a power struggle and when she is older she will be an adult so there will be no power struggle.
    SNAP!
    I just cant see the light at the end of the tunnel right now. So really hoping and praying that time will turn her around.

Advertisement