Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angel v Clapham

Options
  • 05-06-2012 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Been living in Clapham for about a year and my lease is up shortly.

I would like to try somewhere North of the river for the next 12 months and a lot of people have told me Angel is nice.

Anyone any experience of the two?

I work near St Paul's.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Angel/Islington is a reasonably nice area, though like all it has it's rough edges. It's epxensive though - but some good food, bars etc

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭woof im a dog

yeah angel is lovely and very close to the city centre but can be very expensive. i live just up the road in highbury which is a grand area and holloway is too. if you are on a tighter budget id recommend those places, otherwise go for the angel/islington area.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,252 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Depending on which part exactly, it an be a very nice walk down St John's Street and into work. For me, islington needs to be nice old stye or else a factory/warehouse conversion. The new builds I've seen there are not that inspiring. Otherwise, good location, good nightlife. Less chainy than Clapham but less bohemian than 15 years ago.

Advertisement