Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The KC & Lenny show (7-9)Today FM

Options
  • 05-06-2012 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭

So the lads new show kick's off tonight on 100-102 Today FM so i said i'd start a thread for things realated too the former Red Rooster lad's who have a bit of a cult following down south.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Yay!

Just started there, really glad to have the lads back together! :)

We'll wait to see whether it works on the national scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yes yes yes yes yes. I have no doubt the magic of 104-106fm cork will translate well to the national airwaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Do ye reckon Foley & Co. will be looking over their shoulder? Having not heard the show in the past I'm curious to see what ye think.....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

washiskin wrote: »
    Do ye reckon Foley & Co. will be looking over their shoulder? Having not heard the show in the past I'm curious to see what ye think.....

I wouldn't imagine so. KC and Lenny reached their height of brilliance with a breakfast slot, so i reckon they're more likely replacements for Dempsey than anyone else.

Plus, last I heard Foley's figures were holding steady enough, so not much cause to worry yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I enjoyed tonight ALOT....Think the lads are just easen their way in!

• Advertisement

A trip down memory lane for anyone who used listen too the Rooster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln2_-PdNXYA

A trip down memory lane for anyone who used listen too the Rooster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln2_-PdNXYA

Haha, I started clicking on related videos, and I'd forgotten about the RED Fm in India that Victor Barry mentioned last week. I nearly got a heart attack when two people with Indian accents started shouting at me. :P

What days is this new show on? Is it Monday-Friday/Monday-Thursday or what?

Monday too thurs...7-9
    Keep an eye on his blog too

http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekdays/KC/KCBlog.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

i think you will find listening figures were going down thats why the move and it is still the kc show to drop from 4 hours to just 2 is big kick in teeth

jjll wrote: »
    i think you will find listening figures were going down thats why the move and it is still the kc show to drop from 4 hours to just 2 is big kick in teeth

Any link to the figures?

And it's not that big of a kick seeing as it's a more high profile slot. I'd hardly consider the loss of the 12am-2am hours he had to be a big loss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I listened last night for the first time since the time switch and found it hilarious. Really nice for KC to have someone to bounce off. They had Frankie Lopez on the phone, a Spanish lad living in Cork for 10 years with the funniest hybrid accent, 'twas hilarious! I was actually sorry when I got home to watch the match that I had to stop listening!

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I listened last night for the first time since the time switch and found it hilarious. Really nice for KC to have someone to bounce off. They had Frankie Lopez on the phone, a Spanish lad living in Cork for 10 years with the funniest hybrid accent, 'twas hilarious! I was actually sorry when I got home to watch the match that I had to stop listening!

I heard that bit...Quaility radio!Also Lenny sounds like he has never been away from the mic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭overthenest

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I heard that bit...Quaility radio!Also Lenny sounds like he has never been away from the mic

keith cunningham is a bit of a legend, drole funny guy, who is this lenny lad???

keith cunningham is a bit of a legend, drole funny guy, who is this lenny lad???

He was KC's co-host on their old breakfast show on REDFM in Cork. One a few Meteor Awards, Ireland's Best Breakfast Show at one point IIRC.

Haven't got to listen much since they started unfortunately.

Anyone hear the Maverick Sabre interview?

He's got the best accent EVAR! Wexford/London just works. :pac: :pac:

So apparently they're going to be having the Rubberbandits on in a few months doing weekly wind-up calls. :)

Advertisement