Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reaction or Infection?

Options
  • 05-06-2012 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey I have a few tattoos now at this stage but this is the first time I have a reaction to any of them. I did get trought to the tattooist and she will look at it more closly on Saturday (as I work during the week).

I done nothing different that I would with any of my other tattoos, but this one reacted different.

The chemist wasnt sure either was it an infection or a reaction to a colour. The tattooist has only really seen a reaction to red but this is brown.

But thankfully its gone down a little now, but I have noticed I also have little pimples in the middle of the tattoo, which I never had with any of my other tattoos either?

(cant seam to attach pictures??)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Altezzaeve

011uud.jpg

Sorry if the pic is a bit big but it the glove thats the problem

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

TBH, you'd need to go to your tattoo artist or a doctor. We can't diagnose you here.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

rossypaul wrote: »
    By making tattoos there may be chance of reaction. I suggests that people should avoid such things. But,if you are interested in it then make it on the book. This will help you in seeing it in future also & you will have a collection of it.

WTF??
    Youre in the wrong forum to be telling people not to get tattooed.

I was more curious if anyone had this happen to then but thankfully it has calmed down alot.

131vo.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

But on the advise of the chemist I have had to use Savlon for a few days but I have gone back to the bepanthen

Turns out I might have a allergy to Bapenthen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Altezzaeve wrote: »
    Turns out I might have a allergy to Bapenthen

Id say its a Lanolin allergy.Quite common to be honest and one of the reasons I dont recommend the stuff despite a lot of people recommending it for healing tattoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

I hope I'm not dragging up too old a thread but I'm suspicious I may have a mild allergy to bepanthen myself, I got the tattoo 4 days ago and my skin has been looking and feeling similar to how it does when I use certian kinds of plasters, it dies down when washed so it's not the tattoo thankfully. Can I just switch to a normal moisturizer at this point or is there an alternative? Even if I can just switch over now if there is an alternative it would be great to know for future reference, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you're getting some kind of reaction to it, try any gentle moisturiser that you like that doesn't contain lanolin.

Advertisement