Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Chemistry

Options
  • 05-06-2012 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭

Is there such a hidden feature in madden.

I had a pretty solid D last year. 2nd best run D, top 10 pass. only berty was better. I strived off my 3 and out abilitys. Had an average offense built on being average and both run and passing.

This season Ive traded for an elite RB, my QB is a solid 86 have an elite receiving TE. speedy receivers and what I thought was a great OL.

Upgraded MY CB at the expense of my LB's.

what i've ended up with is. an OL that lets every blitzer through and doesn't block worth a ****. a secondary that should be intercepting everything but instead cant cover a single deep throw. seriously playing nerd he had larry fitz run a streak and a cover 4 couldn't stop it. So bad that they didn't even get to him to tackle him.

Im starting to think that either A all the players hate each other, or B all the players hate me.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I think that in some games, the CPU has already decided (human v human) that one player is going to get a huge advantage.
    Its the only way to explain get 5 ints against you :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Discontent, divas and lack of effort in Philadelphia? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

My Oline was fairly soild, not spectacular, last season and I brought in a new LG and LT 92 and 86 overall and my left side is pants. I cant run that side and the pass protection isn't the best either!

You could be on to something

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

etloveslsd wrote: »
    My Oline was fairly soild, not spectacular, last season and I brought in a new LG and LT 92 and 86 overall and my left side is pants. I cant run that side and the pass protection isn't the best either!

You could be on to something

Yep,, its not always just down to stats.
    In the IG franchise my average O-line is 90, but i really struggle to run its comical

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Couple of thoughts on this. When you run you are only as good as your weakest run blocker. A typical run play will send you either up the A gap (between centre and guard), B gap (between guard and tackle), C gap (between tackle and TE) and an outside run (around the TE, inside the WR). In each case you'll be looking for a combo of the above to provide a hole to run through. If your blockers at the point of attack are overmatched you wont go anywhere. If the opposition sends blitzers into this area you won't go anywhere. Chemistry doesn't come into it i'm afraid. It's all about identifying the best matchups.

an example would be: if you are playing the Cowboys who have Ngata lined up at RE and your LT/LG combo are not very good, don't run left into the B gap - find a better matchup. You don't need to do much research to spot this either. After a few plays it'll be pretty obvious where your strengths and the opposition's weaknesses lie.

Pass protection is very similar, it all comes down to matchups and the plays being run. If your line is struggling then deep passes will not be possible unless you are keeping an additional TE/RB in to block. When playing the 3-4 (redskins and cowboys in your case) the key is to identify where the 4th rusher is coming from. When playing the Giants its about making sure your line is not overmatched in a particular area. Once you can spot these and adjust accordingly (extra TE, quick pass, etc...) you should find much more success passing. Next to worry about would be blitz pickup but that's a whole different kettle of fish ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I think that in some games, the CPU has already decided (human v human) that one player is going to get a huge advantage.
    Its the only way to explain get 5 ints against you :pac:

I actually agree with this. I've thought for years now that EA's online games (especially FIFA and Madden) are scripted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I know FIFA is definitely scripted against me. I ALWAYS lose and my opponent gets every single lucky break.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Berty44 wrote: »
    I know FIFA is definitely scripted against me. I ALWAYS lose and my opponent gets every single lucky break.

I'm quite a good FIFA player but there's games where you could play against someone, have 10 + great chances, hit the post continually etc, and then my opponent goes down the field and scores with their only chance and wins 1-0. No one can tell me that it isn't scripted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Yeah, there are definitely some games where it is just not going to be your day.

The big things in Madden that wreck my head for this are:
    Fumbles (despite Michael Turner having 98 Carrying)
    Holding penalties
    Multiple broken tackles
    DB's seeming to all common sense

Penalties in Madden that you have absolutely no control over are seriously annoying, it's randomness for the sake of it in a computer game

Yeah, there are definitely some games where it is just not going to be your day.

The big things in Madden that wreck my head for this are:
    Fumbles (despite Michael Turner having 98 Carrying)
    Holding penalties
    Multiple broken tackles
    DB's seeming to all common sense

Penalties in Madden that you have absolutely no control over are seriously annoying, it's randomness for the sake of it in a computer game

This annoys me.. especially as it seems to happen mostly when you score.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

This annoys me.. especially as it seems to happen mostly when you score.

I think the worst is where you return a kcikoff for a TD and it gets called back...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

adrian522 wrote: »
    I think the worst is where you return a kcikoff for a TD and it gets called back...:mad:

Clipping is absolutely horrible. Especially all the times it makes no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

I'm questioning Madden aswell, top D for INT's last year, picking everything that came near my DB's, this season everyone is sponsored by Kerrygold and just can't intercept, annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Just today against the Bills, first game nothing stuck at all, Bills jumped everything, deep passes all went out of bounds. Second game, absolutely nothing went wrong passing, similarly nothing stuck against the Titans. It's starting to annoy me.

Advertisement