Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Austin Motor Co. Pass

Options
  • 05-06-2012 11:32am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Couldn't find a suitable thread for this but I think it's worth posting?
    I've been working on the family tree and going through some old photos I found this Pass belonging to my granddad.

DSC02332_Medium.jpg

DSC02333_Medium.jpg

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭DaveCol

Interesting piece of history

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

DaveCol wrote: »
    Interesting piece of history

Yeah, I think so too.
    Maybe the thread could be retitled auto-jumble and others could add their bits of curio to it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭w124man

I worked there in the 1970's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Ballykine43

Interesting date, Feb 1943, the Birmingham Blitz bombings continued to April of that year, and the Longbridge plant, producing mainly military vehicles would have been a prime target.
    We can sometimes forget what an earlier generation had to do to find employment.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

197 views and not one thank you - sometimes life is so unfair.:(:pac:

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭trevorbrady

Hermy wrote: »
    Yeah, I think so too.
    Maybe the thread could be retitled auto-jumble and others could add their bits of curio to it.

on that note, this tag came on a New Old Stock Audi bumper I bought. It was addressed to Duffy's Garage, Castlebar, Co. Mayo.

Sadly I've lost it, this photo is all that remains...

2010-10-07bumpers003Medium.jpg

Advertisement