Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Media center PC/ Barebone"

Options
  • 05-06-2012 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I am looking to buy a media center PC for my living room, it need to have a TV tuner and great graphic for gaming, anyone might have got one of those and can give some feedback?
    I looked around and saw there's a new one coming out in mid june called ARCTIC MC101. looking nice and fast with the AMD APU trinity A10, said its great for gaming....what do you think?:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Sholden

Miateddy wrote: »
    said its great for gaming....what do you think?:D

It doesn't come with a good graphics card. A 6870 would be the minimum to play new games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Fill this out and we'll sort you out:

1. What is your budget? [€xxx]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Sholden wrote: »
    It doesn't come with a good graphics card. A 6870 would be the minimum to play new games.

A 6870 would only be a minimum to play the latest games if you wanna play on 1080p with all settings maxed on a high framerate. Otherwise you could get by on much lower.

deceit wrote: »
    A 6870 would only be a minimum to play the latest games if you wanna play on 1080p with all settings maxed on a high framerate. Otherwise you could get by on much lower.

Yes but it would be "great" for gaming. The one that comes with it would not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Daveman50

Sholden wrote: »
    Yes but it would be "great" for gaming. The one that comes with it would not.

Actually, the graphic is evry good, and there are many good reviews on the processor. Check it out!
    http://www.futuremark.com/news/60791_amd_trinity_a-series_apu_launched/
    Miateddy wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking to buy a media center PC for my living room, it need to have a TV tuner and great graphic for gaming, anyone might have got one of those and can give some feedback?
    I looked around and saw there's a new one coming out in mid june called ARCTIC MC101. looking nice and fast with the AMD APU trinity A10, said its great for gaming....what do you think?

Hi Miateddy, you can have a look at the reviews in the links above. They made quite a few tests on the processor of trinity A series and actually show promising.
    Regarding the ARCTIC MC101, you mentioned, I think it's quite good for what it is, of coz for the processor, which I think its powerful. For gaming, I would say, 95% of the new games. TV tuner, for sure is cool! 1TB is quite a massive storage but I guess you can always add your own and 8GB RAM, nice design .....with the price I think is a good deal....
    I have a Macmini but with the same price, I only got a very basic model only 2RAM and little storage and processor is ok.

I hope this is helping! good luck!

• Advertisement

Daveman50 wrote: »
    Actually, the graphic is evry good, and there are many good reviews on the processor. Check it out!
    http://www.futuremark.com/news/60791_amd_trinity_a-series_apu_launched/

Specs i got were different :rolleyes:. On the site i saw it said 6350 i think

Advertisement