Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Calculation

Options
  • 05-06-2012 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am having a one sided conversation with a financial provider and his superior as to what the answer to the following question should be.

How much should computed mortgage payments be, given the following parameters
    Outstanding Amount : €186,839.08
    Term : 20 Months
    Interest Rate : 4.95% per annum

This is not a trick question!

Anybody care to provide an answer? If so, thanks in advance and please briefly outline methodology used in computing the answer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

ALEXII wrote: »
    I am having a one sided conversation with a financial provider and his superior as to what the answer to the following question should be.

How much should computed mortgage payments be, given the following parameters
    Outstanding Amount : €186,839.08
    Term : 20 Months
    Interest Rate : 4.95% per annum

This is not a trick question!

Anybody care to provide an answer? If so, thanks in advance and please briefly outline methodology used in computing the answer.

Do you really mean 20 months? That's quite an aggressive payment plan (in the region of €9,400 a month).

EDIT - I went on to onus.ie and asked it:

Monthly Payment: 9751.85
    Total Interest: 8197.92
    Total Amount Repayable: 195037.00

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭rameire

open excel
    type
    =-pmt(4.95%/12,20,186839.08)

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ALEXII

Hi maggy,

20 months is correct

Arises from coming off an interest only period.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

Advertisement