Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult week long courses in Iveragh gaeltacht

Options
  • 05-06-2012 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,
    been doing some netsurfing to find courses for a week to learn irish over the summer and came across a course in the Iveragh Gaeltacht, Kerry. (http://www.irishlanguageholidays.com/adult-courses.html ) Anyone gone there or recommended it/got feedback on it? Am interested as they have a week course in august, which is not available for my basic level in Ballyferriter that month.
    all help appreciated! Go raibh maith agat:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cailinnacille

I don't know much about the various Gaeltacht areas but my sister went to the iveragh Gaeltacht with Hibernia and she had a great time! She was there for three weeks and they enjoyed it no end. I believe it is quiet but very beautiful and she said the crowd organising it I think Comhkista something Uibh Rathaigh were really nice and helpful. They had formal classes etc there and they learned loads, had ceilis and stuff! Did they say what kind of course it was? I know she said there was festivals and things on in the local town Aug weekend! Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

I don't know much about the various Gaeltacht areas but my sister went to the iveragh Gaeltacht with Hibernia and she had a great time! She was there for three weeks and they enjoyed it no end. I believe it is quiet but very beautiful and she said the crowd organising it I think Comhkista something Uibh Rathaigh were really nice and helpful. They had formal classes etc there and they learned loads, had ceilis and stuff! Did they say what kind of course it was? I know she said there was festivals and things on in the local town Aug weekend! Hope this helps!

That'd be Comhchoiste Uíbh Ráthaigh. Here's their website: http://www.uibhrathach.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Eshaness

thanks all for the recommendation and information, will book myself in so!:)

Advertisement