Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

short term pain relief needed

Options
  • 05-06-2012 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

need some painkilling till see dentist tomorrow. Paracetamol/nurofen etc no good. anyone used the clove oil or oragel or rinstead gel. The latter two contain benzocaine. Does anyone know how long the relief is for with any of these. Would they not be washed away with saliva

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

I found clove oil v good for my wisdom tooth.

Also teetha was ok, stole it from the kiddies first aid box

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Departed

Owryan wrote: »

how long was the relief for

Departed wrote: »
    Owryan wrote: »

how long was the relief for

Found the clove oil gave relief for a couple of hours but hated the taste so switched to ponstan ,

The teetha was good for 2-3 hours too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I found heat also worked. I fill a small bottle with hot water and hold against the cheek. Mouthwash of hot salt water also helped a bit. Be carefull with the clove oil, it can leave your gums raw.

I found heat also worked. I fill a small bottle with hot water and hold against the cheek. Mouthwash of hot salt water also helped a bit. Be carefull with the clove oil, it can leave your gums raw.

Agree with the clove oil remark. Only a tiny drop on tip of ur finger and use v sparingly

• Advertisement
Advertisement