Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a survey about Facebook!

Options
  • 05-06-2012 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi folks,

A friend of mine does her master thesis on Facebook fan pages and needs help with the survey. It would be very helpful if you spent some time (it should take 5-10 min) to fill it out.

Here is the link: http://aarhus.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_4JxZEpzHi8nIrac

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I didn't do it because it says things like Facebook isn't in the real world like it is some illusion or something.

I hate people saying the internet isn't the real world, what's not real about it? All information on the internet is recorded on physical metal discs by lasers. The internet is a physical thing transfered through a physical connection. Its 100% real. People that say its not the real world are either behind the times or don't know a lot about technology. The internet is part of everyone's life, it effects nearly everyone in this world. I don't see anything not real about it.

Does your friend think that the internet is just there by magic? By that logic is a telephone not real? Is a letter not real? Or a shop like Argos where you don't see the item and its brought to you that must not be real.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 centaur80

GarIT wrote: »
    I didn't do it because it says things like Facebook isn't in the real world like it is some illusion or something.

I hate people saying the internet isn't the real world, what's not real about it? All information on the internet is recorded on physical metal discs by lasers. The internet is a physical thing transfered through a physical connection. Its 100% real. People that say its not the real world are either behind the times or don't know a lot about technology. The internet is part of everyone's life, it effects nearly everyone in this world. I don't see anything not real about it.

Does your friend think that the internet is just there by magic? By that logic is a telephone not real? Is a letter not real? Or a shop like Argos where you don't see the item and its brought to you that must not be real.

You have a point here and I agree with you to some extend. I suspect by "real" it means by referring to tangible things. The survey is part of her thesis on whether consumers engage with fan pages in social media and how. To my understanding, Facebook and other social media have been overrated as regards to whether it could be used to bring consumers close to their brands. The practical question is whether this is actually true or not. My answer is that it cannot replace "real" communication...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭jmc1243

Done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 centaur80

jmc1243 wrote: »
    Done :)

Thanks!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement