Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Unity

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

In other news, modders destroy 20 classic consoles

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

What a waste of time, might as well just emulate the games as use dumb controller like that.
    Did no one apply the "dumb idea brake" on this one?
    I'd rather a hardware mod so I won't have to keep replacing the 71pin connector in my NES!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Seen this the other day. What an ugly, badly designed way to destroy some classic consoles.
    I'm not against the idea of doing a mod like this. But if you're going to do it you better spend a bit of time on the design, a lot of time. Sticking a piece of wood on top of the last console and moving on is not the way to do it.

And as for the controller, well that says it all really.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

But sure, it's like those Mame cabs with controllers for everything stuck on the front, looking like the interior of the Tardis with a manky LCD on top and the creator is hailing it as the ultimate cab.....

All you need is a MD/PC Engine or Snes with the appropriate controller and a good game played on a decent CRT.... don't get much better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    But sure, it's like those Mame cabs with controllers for everything stuck on the front, looking like the interior of the Tardis with a manky LCD on top and the creator is hailing it as the ultimate cab.....

All you need is a MD/PC Engine or Snes with the appropriate controller and a good game played on a decent CRT.... don't get much better than that.
    OYBA9.jpg

• Advertisement

Pretty much exactly what I mean't, awful isn't it!?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    OYBA9.jpg

Unless the owners ambidextrous and called Goro that's pretty pointless. Even if he had mates round to play Gaunlet, the layout is all wrong:eek:

Don't think you'd have many mates after using that thing.

Imagine the Beers night, The Beers Night of Infinite Disappointment they'd call it later.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

is that a direction on the front from using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    OYBA9.jpg

"Have you come to a verdict?"

"We have your honour."

"Would the defendant please rise?"

(Player 4 stands up, visibly tense)

"On the charge of first degree murder, we find the defendant, NOT GUILTY."

• Advertisement
Advertisement