Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Better ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

In my opinion, the 1911 everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I'd take the 1911 personally, cannot stand Desert Eagles, think they're horrible looking things. But it does go full auto so if that's your thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 peter12321a

Ya another thing is that desert eagle has 21 mag but colt has 17

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Johnny.G

HI

I'm sorry for my slightly childish antics but I would go for the D.E. not because its tactical or light weight but because personally I yearn for them. I think they are epic in every sense.Many have 1911's yes they are nice but how many D.E.'S have you seen out skirmishing and I'm sorry but if you do get one and I see you out skimishing(this is in general everyone who owns a desert eagle) I will run over to you like and exited dog and beg you to let me fire it.Sorry in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Desert Eagle.

PRO'S:

1. If you like big pistols its pretty much one of the biggest.
    2. .....I honestly don't know of any more pro's. it basically down to taste

CON'S:

1. Big and honky.
    2. Big and honky.
    3. Big and honky.
    4. Well you can see where this is going, but on a serious note as far as a plinker you will get more joy out of desert eagle than the 1911, but as a skirmishable pistol its just not practical, very few comfortable holsters, 21 rounds on full auto wont last peeing time, guna need a lot of mags if your trigger happy etc...

PRO'S.

1. Light weight in comparison to the D.E.
    2. Very upgradeable.
    3. More holster options.
    4. Comfortable feel.
    5. Nice kick and gas efficiency with CO2.
    6. Far more practical as a skirmishable pistol.
    6. Its a replica of the most iconic pistol of them all.

CON'S.

1. Limited mag capacity.
    2. More routine maintenance required as CO2 drys up seals quickly.
    3. Everyone and there dog has one so don't be thinking you have something unique. Not really a con I know.

If anyone else can add to it by all means. Just my two cents really. On a side note have a look at some 1911 MEU's, its more of a modernised version of the 1911.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

I had both, still have the 1911, bought the kwc deagle and solded after a week.
    I solded it due to the fact i didnt find it accurate, could have being just that one maybe.
    Bought it becuase it mention "co2" "blowback" and "full auto" which solded me in a pistol that size. Personal opinion i found it those thigns didnt work well on it.
    The Tm deagle I love if you have your heart set on a big pistol.

The 1911 by kwc , is simply one of my favourites. Way better accuracy, better range and much more efficent on gas. I got 4 and a half mags out of a co2 capsule on a winter day and 5 and a bit on a ordinary day.
    Kick is nice and solid.

Another thing to consider about pistols I find is that its alot more personal to choose a right pistol for you. Alot of them look the part but don't feel right in the hand be it grip is too narrow or its little on the heavy side or so on.
    Sometimes its best to go to a shop and pick it up yourself and see if its comfortable to hold and shoot.

A little long winded but hopefully it will give you something to consider when choosing a pistol for yourself

Just my opinion on them, But above all else I'm a M9 fan ;)

Hope this helps.

DP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Better is a loaded word, and needs serious context. What are you looking for out of the pistol?

Here are some sample criteria:
    - Accuracy
    - Consistency (grouping of shots)
    - Gas efficiency
    - Performance (generally a middle-ground amalgamation of the above)
    - Replication (i.e. features of the RS found on the airsoft version)
    - Ergonomics (the comfort of the pistol during manipulation)
    - Skirmishability (its use in a skirmish; effective, easy, poor, bulky etc)
    - Aftermarket support (upgrade parts available for the platform)
    - Economy (how cheap it is to run)
    - Accessories (available customisation options)

So...which of those are most important to you? All you do is pick your criteria and look it at both pistols under the same light and see which shines brightest.

So...are you torn between these two, or open to other options? If you're just torn between them, what way did you eliminate other possible candidates?

Advertisement