Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

multi fuel boiler setup, similar to gasification

Options
  • 04-06-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

ok im putting it in this section cause its similar to a wood gasifcation boiler. i will be buying a multi fuel boiler for a relative from poland shortly , boiler laddomat, buffer tank and flue, 50 kw as its a big house, its currently using a 40kw oil boiler and back boiler thats not able to heat much.
    they will be burming turf, timber, rubish etc:
    they spending 2k on oil a year, i can supply and fit system for less than 5 k
    2and 1/2 year pay back in thoery and no need to light fire inside the house any more.
    i and they reckon that if they light a fire before work each day it will heat most the 1500lk buffer tank( should be 50 l for every kw of boiler 'i know but thats whats going in)
    so when they come home in evening the fire will prob be gone out so light another fire to boost the buffer tank and turn on the rads into the house, ( they should have enough heat if theses boilers perform well.
    in summer time 1 fire every 2-3 days should satsisify hot water demand as should heat most buffer tank to 80 deg, and turn on timeclock for 1 hour each day

so we think this system will stop all oil use unless they get lazy, stop all fires inside the house, ash removal, and boileer in the shed near the turf and timber,

anybody any advice or experience with this system,
    and is what i am saying going to work in practice
    and advice on a model of boiler from the site in poland k****.com as the descriptions of the boilers are very poor?
    any body using this system?
    these boiler come with a ventilater, how do these work, do they burn the fuel too fast, how this controlled
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

jj58 wrote: »
    ok im putting it in this section cause its similar to a wood gasifcation boiler. i will be buying a multi fuel boiler for a relative from poland shortly , boiler laddomat, buffer tank and flue, 50 kw as its a big house, its currently using a 40kw oil boiler and back boiler thats not able to heat much.
    2and 1/2 year pay back in thoery and no need to light fire inside the house any more.
    i and they reckon that if they light a fire before work each day it will heat most the 1500lk buffer tank( should be 50 l for every kw of boiler 'i know but thats whats going in)
    so when they come home in evening the fire will prob be gone out so light another fire to boost the buffer tank and turn on the rads into the house, ( they should have enough heat if theses boilers perform well.
    in summer time 1 fire every 2-3 days should satsisify hot water demand as should heat most buffer tank to 80 deg, and turn on timeclock for 1 hour each day

so we think this system will stop all oil use unless they get lazy, stop all fires inside the house, ash removal, and boileer in the shed near the turf and timber,

and advice on a model of boiler from the site in poland k****.com as the descriptions of the boilers are very poor?
    these boiler come with a ventilater, how do these work, do they burn the fuel too fast, how this controlled
    thanks

Did you go ahead with your installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jj58

no that is still on long finger
    what i did for someone instead was fix up a sytem installed 8 years ago, it was all wrong, no laddomat pump, there was a standard circulating pump, pumping it into a 1000l buffer, which was controlled by a pipe stat, and was running 24hours a day cause the pipe stat was always warm cause it was set to 40 deg, and it was cooling the water in the buffer when no fire was on, i had to seal the system as there was alot of corrosion due to the water expansion and contracting all the time and it used to flow out the overflow when it got too hot, cause the expansion tank was too small. i also put a mixing valve, i found a 70 deg anti scald valve and put that on after the buffer so no body would burn them selves off the hot rads for when the buffer reaches 95 deg. i installed heating zones in the house , motorized valves, when the stats drop temperature it will kick in the pump of the buffer and heat that zone, i have a pipe stat on top of buffer set to 57 deg, so if water in buffer drops below that, it wont come on,

the laddomat is a great job, the way is layers the tank from top down, you get instant heat at top of tank, we taught we would get away with 1 fire every three days, the first night it lost 20 degrees in tanks, so we insulated every pipe twice, insulated the zip in the buffer tank, extra spray foam insullation at top of the tank cause the existing insulation wasnt just tight on the tank, and wrapped rock wool around pipes at top of buffer and it made a big differce.

so ya for hotwater needs one huge fire every 21/2 - 3 days,
    now its a hungry boiler thats why you would want to have your own fuel, it would take a big bucket every 1-2 hours and you would need 2 buckets to bring the tank from 60- 95 degs, its a 38 kw boiler,i will have to wait for winter to see how it really performs,
    but happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

jj58 wrote: »

thanks

Hi
    PM me for details of a company in Ireland doing this system..
    Big issues with carbon em missions I would have taught.
    Cc

• Registered Users Posts: 3 snaggles01

HI

I have bought a multi fuel boiler through a friend in Poland as the prices here are expensive, I also got a buffer tank.

I gave them the measurements of my shed so that they could build the system in poland and then I need to assemble once on my site. i have all this done so now just need this connected to my existing system which is easy but to draw the hot water from the buffer outside i will run the pipe directly to my cylinder upstairs and connect to the hot water pipe coming out of the cylinder. if i'm not using the multi fuel and using oil will the cold water in the buffer mix with the hot created in the cylinder upstairs or do i need to put a motorised valve on the buffer and only turn on when in use?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭froshtyv

How do people buy these systems when they don't come with proper controls?

It doesn't make sense to heat a 1000 litre buffer to 60 degrees and then transfer that water to a cylinder in the house for hot water.
    The heat loss would be substantial by the time it reached the cylinder.

• Advertisement
Advertisement