Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbecue repair? Anywhere you can take them to be fixed?

Options
  • 04-06-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just got a barbecue from a friend. Its a gas barbecue but the gas system hasn't worked in years. They just cut the gas rubber tubing off at the end of the valve and used it as a charcoal barbecue. I said I'd try get it working again. I burned out the remainder of the gas tube.

I think I could replace the rubber tubing myself and I have a spare gas regulator that I can use for it. I was just wondering does anyone know of anywhere I could take it to get te barbecue repaired?

If I can't find somewhere I'll give it a go myself!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

I would imagine that if they have been firing charcoal into it its gona be knackered, burner and pilot blocked, possible thermocouple burnt out, not worth the bother and defo not something you should be having a go at yourself :rolleyes:

Probably easier to just buy another (gas) one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

It's actually in great condition... I have cleared off the gas system as much as I can. If I could post a few pics here would that give people a better idea? I cant afford to buy a new one really

Is it only the rubber tube that's damaged? if the remainder is in good condition then it should be possible to just get a replacement length from a DIY shop and fit it.

If my neighbour's BBQ is anything to go by, the burner is a very simple "primitive" thing that's either there or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Is it only the rubber tube that's damaged? if the remainder is in good condition then it should be possible to just get a replacement length from a DIY shop and fit it.

If my neighbour's BBQ is anything to go by, the burner is a very simple "primitive" thing that's either there or not!

I'm hoping that's the problem, I'll try put up a pic and explain the situation better! People might recognize the gas system!

• Advertisement
Advertisement