Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC HL P1 MATHS EXAM Q. ?

Options
  • 04-06-2012 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

For paper one HL Maths, is it advisable to attempt solely the required 6 questions, or do a seventh ?

I am unsure whether my time would be better spent concentrating on the 6, or to do an extra as a back up.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Do your 6, go back over them, make sure you haven't made any stupid mistakes (like I always do) and if you have enough time left, there's no reason you shouldn't do another. Just don't rush your other questions in the hope of fitting in an extra one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

If after 6 you're confident they've gone well it'd probably be best to go back over them to maximize your marks.

I'll probably do 7, it depends. I have 5 good questions and 3 iffy ones, so if I don't get the answer to a part of my sixth question I'll probably do a 7th. I really can't afford to lose marks on paper 1 as I'm so bad at paper 2 in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

The time restraints for the paper isn't too bad though, so if you're able, do as many as possible. I asked my teacher who just retired there, and she says to do as many as you can.

I got all 8 done in the mocks and I'm planning to get the same done on Friday! (Unless something awful happens like I have a math block...)

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I had 4 done for the mocks so I had no problem choosing :P On Friday I'll probably do 6 and if I'm not sure about 1 I'll do a back-up.

Advertisement