Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Alien costume

Options
  • 03-06-2012 10:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hey lads, the zombie event corruption is coming up in august so i have two months to come up with a costume, im thinking of going as alien from alien vs predator. im trying to figure out how to fashion and airsoft version. this might be the wrong place to post but im hoping you lads can help, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

UMP45 wrote: »
    Hey lads, the zombie event corruption is coming up in august so i have two months to come up with a costume, im thinking of going as alien from alien vs predator. im trying to figure out how to fashion and airsoft version. this might be the wrong place to post but im hoping you lads can help, thanks

sooooo your going as a zombie alien?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 455 ✭✭UMP45

sooooo your going as a zombie alien?

basically yes, an undead alien, it will look pretty cool too, just have no idea how im going to make the costume

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

basically yes, an undead alien, it will look pretty cool too, just have no idea how im going to make the costume

You can buy one off the peg :) :
    http://www.wondercostumes.com/aien-costumes-qsalien.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

hosepipes and slime?

The only problem I can see here is that Aliens never had guns.. they just relied on acid for blood and several sets of teeth :)

might just get one anyway now, its awesome

• Advertisement

whats with the
    ?

Steve wrote: »
    hosepipes and slime?

The only problem I can see here is that Aliens never had guns.. they just relied on acid for blood and several sets of teeth :)

so eat them :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

whats with the
    ?
    Dunno - it's a cool thread so I'll undo the edit - sorry UMP,,

Now a shoulder mounted airsoft gun like predators shoulder cannon would be cool.

Now a shoulder mounted airsoft gun like predators shoulder cannon would be cool.

there is a lad on youtube who made it, he used a pressure pad on his hand to fire and the gun was hooked up to a m4 mag

• Advertisement

there is a lad on youtube who made it, he used a pressure pad on his hand to fire and the gun was hooked up to a m4 mag

Interesting, would be even better if you could get it to move in the same direction as your head movement.

Interesting, would be even better if you could get it to move in the same direction as your head movement.

it does!!!! :D ill link it now

*sits back and awaits rows over knife kills from invisible titanium spears..*

:D:D

Found this at random after watching the above vid.. lmao.:D

Steve wrote: »
    *sits back and awaits rows over knife kills from invisible titanium spears..*

:D:D

steve they are not made of titanium, they are made of materials not found on our world.....gawwwd infuriated this has made me :D

Love this vid...

steve they are not made of titanium, they are made of materials not found on our world.....gawwwd infuriated this has made me :D
    Yoda you sound like..

*waves hand*

These aren't the forums you're looking for..

Move along...

<_<

>_>

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Are you talking about HR Geiger's Alien, or AVP's Geiger-inspired Pred-Alien?

When looking at costumes for practical movement and purposes, you need to keep your needs constantly to the forefront. The absolute most important thing to factor into your costume is your eye and face protection. It is absolutely beyond important.

Start off with a suitable mask - you will need mesh for the eyes as if you're going to go authentic then it will be very, very warm. I would recommend a plastic mask, and then use latex-based make up to build up the alien face to get that wet freshly born xenomorph look.

You can use basic modelmaking techniques and materials to build up the face, such as predators distinctive mouth piece, and 'hair' - I would recommend rubber piping, and just paint it for the effect - cut a garden hose into suitably sized pieces and affix them to a wide head piece, and make it removable from the main mask.

Making the rest of the costume will cost you an absolute bomb. Getting the muscular and skeletal structure right, and making it flexible/removable will be difficult at best. What's your budget? Costumes can be:
    - Good
    - Quick
    - Cheap
    ...but never all three.

Advertisement