Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

volvo 240 HELP

Options
  • 03-06-2012 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

hey all.

not sure if i'm in the right forum but i'll give it a go anyway

i have a '91 volvo 240 estate 130.000 mls
    i drove to the shop on thursday and when i got back to go home it wouldn't start again

i eventually came to the conclusion that the fuel pump gave up
    i got a replacement but the only difference is the wire connectors the old ones were push on ones one yellow one black and no indication of which was positive or negative

the new one has thread on connectors and it says ''+'' and ''-'' on either side

does anyone know weather i'm hooking up the yellow or black to positive or negative ?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

If you use a volt meter or a test lamp it will show which is which.
    At a guess I'd say the black is the neg.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

aujopimur wrote: »
    If you use a volt meter or a test lamp it will show which is which.
    At a guess I'd say the black is the neg.

i was trying to avoid relying on a volt meter as i can't get my hands on one til Tuesday. ill try a test lamp in the morning hadn't thought of that
    thanks

Advertisement